Clayton Hotel Silver Springs
$160
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
1,160 results
All reviewsbar foodnice hotelcity centretwo double bedsbit datedkids clubfood was lovelyleisure facilitiesfota wildlife parkstayed here for one nightlast weekendenjoyable staytop classbreakfast was excellentwould highly recommend this hotelfollowing morningconference
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed one night in this hotel while touring in Cork. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The room was big and the beds very comfortable. I had a good view of the Lee. I had a meal in the bar and the food was excellent. There was also a great breakfast menu. It's a bit out of town so a car is advisable. Overall excellent.

Room Tip: The room I had was big and had a great view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank TudorKing
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear TudorKing,

Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Did not aspire to our expectations for a 4 star hotel, the lobby and bar were very impressive on entering the hotel but as soon as we received our room key it all went a bit downhill. The sixth floor had a pungent damp smell, as soon as we entered the room the smell of tobacco masked by room spray hit us, disgusting for two non smokers. Half an hour after a room service staff member walked into our room at 4:30pm and questioned "were we checked in?"

The restaurant food was beautiful and well priced for the portions and lobby staff were very friendly and curtious

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear McElhannan,

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel.

I am terribly sorry about your comments with regards to the bedroom.

We do offer a very limited amount of smoking rooms due to the high demand from our cutomers and we do reserve these rooms to smoker guests only. I am therefore very disappointed that you were mistakenly allocated one of these bedrooms.

I also thank you ofr your lovely comments in relation to our staff.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future, and if so please do not hesitate to contact me directly on frontoffice.silversprings@moranhotels.com or on +353 (0)21 450 7533, and I will do my utmost to ensure you have a comfortable stay.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

went to hotel with group of women. Great value booking through Lidl breaks - we got B&B and evening meal for 60euro. meal was really nioce, plenty of choice and everything really lovely. Very nice rooms and breakfast in the morning was also good. COuld do with a bit more atmosphere in the bar area but other than that great hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank eithne73

Dear Eithne73,

Thank you very much for your nice review of our hotel.

Your comments epitomize exactly what The Silver Springs Hotel is all about. Value for money, combined with wonderful accommodation facilities and friendly and efficient service.

I look forward to welcome you and your friends back in the near future.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We arrived at the Silver Springs hotel and were delighted to be allocated a clean, spacious suite. The hotel was operating at full capacity and the staff were coping well. There was a busy atmosphere in the lobby and bar area. We ate in the bar and the food was well presented and tasty. Breakfast was equally as good with a good variety of food available.
However I really need to point out how dreadful the pool facilities are at this hotel. You are required to collect a voucher and towels from reception and travel up a very steep hill in a car to get to the pool. This wouldn't be too bad if it was worth the effoert but in all honesty I can only compare the pool facilities to something from a third world country, cold miserable very run down and filthy. My child refused to stay in the pool for any length of time- there was no baby pool area. He sumed it all up on the way home in the car..mommy why did you bring me to that dreadful place. When I asked Where to my surpride he replied that awful pool.. I just had to laugh because I refuse to go back to that pool ever again. In summary a nice hotel if you are not interested in their 'leisure' facilities!!!

Room Tip: Request a room in the newer part of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Mum2011,

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay, and I am very appreciative of your comments with regards to the helpfulness and efficiency of our staff.

As per your comments with regards to our leisure facilities, I have forward your comments to Source Leisure Centre's management team in order for them to follow up on your comments. Although the swimming facilities are managed independently from our hotel, I am extremely disappointed about your comments as it still affects your overall experience at our property.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcoming you and your family back in the near future. In the meantime if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on frontoffice.silversprings@moranhotels.com or on +353 (0)21 450 7533.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Arriving at midnight, friendly staff were on duty at reception to welcome us 'home'. Wireless Internet available in the rooms made letting family know we'd arrived safely easy. Helpful when questioned were asked.
The food was very tasty! And when we asked for something that wasn't on the menu, they went out of their way to get us something as close to what we wanted as possible.
Check in and check out was simple. The room was spacious and serviced daily. Everything worked as it should have. Very pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Angcarabb

Dear Angcarabb,

Thank you very much for your lovely review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards