“Hidden Gem - Highly Recommended !”
Review of Ashley Hotel

Ashley Hotel
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Waynesville, Ohio
“Hidden Gem - Highly Recommended !”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We had a great stay at this hotel ! The customer service was fantastic, especially the female day front desk manager. She went out of our way to ensure we had everything we needed, were pointed in the right direction, and we could not have asked for more. We were only a few minutes walk from the city center, so location was perfect ! Across the street were a couple of quality pubs as well in case city center is not your scene. There was free wifi available to all rooms.Secured parking was included with the night's stay as well. Overall, our stay was great, we were within budget ! Thanks a lot Ashley Hotel !

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Recently my childhood and long-time friend visited me here in Ireland. We did a whirlwind tour of Ireland and our first stop was in Cork City. I had stayed at the Ashley Hotel and it was my first choice when finding reservations for that leg of our 'tour'. Anita Couglan and her staff are pleasant, friendly, helpful and make one feel at home. The breakfast each morning is superb and was something I woke up looking forward to! Quality, cleanliness, and ever willing to answer any questions or offer advice regarding getting around the city. As well, this hotel is very conveniently located, close to Bus Eireann and also very near to the Citylink bus stop, not to mention it's proximity to the Grand Parade. I highly recommend the Ashley Hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I had a big, clean, comfortable room with plenty of natural light. The décor and fittings were a little faded but it is an old place, and pretty cheap.

The bathroom was a real room with real windows and a full-size bath. There was plenty of hot water though the operation of the shower was a bit idiosyncratic.

The location is very good, though perhaps it might be noisy on weekends.

The full Irish breakfast was plentiful but not really the best. However I ordered it especially early, so perhaps that was a factor.

All the staff I had dealings with were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I booked this hotel as a last resort after 9 or ten other hotels I tried were booked out. The rooms are horrific. There were horrible stains on the 1950's carpets and bed throws. The window in my room was tiny and I would wonder if there is a fire safety regulation that it's in breach of. The eggs for breakfast were undercooked, the toast manhandled by the staff, the cutlery dirty etc. I have never been so repulsed by a hotel before and would not have imagined that a hotel like this exists still in Ireland. I travel around Ireland alot for work so I know the general standard of hotels in the area. Parking isn't really an option here either. I would suggest to only stay here as a last resort.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Proteuspatches

Travelers are raving about these Cork hotels

ireland
Reviewed July 11, 2010

the ashley hotel is in a great location with it being5 mins walk from the city centre, but i am afraid thats all it had going for it. its disgracful how disgusting the rooms were, the shower mats looked like something had been chewing on them with big chunks taking out of them, the shower itself was useless no power whatsoever, the towels looked old and tatty with 'Ashley Hotel' wrote accross them in permanent marker, and the towels that were left in my room were filthy aswell. To top it all off, when I moved my bed to find plugs I found RAT poison underneath it, i told house keeping, she took it away saying it wasnt harmful and that it was just a precaution and told me that it was under all of the beds!!!!!! We also felt like we couldnt leave the hotel freely always having to leave our keys at reception even when going out for 5 mins. we did not have high expecations because of its price, we were not picky either, but we did expect it to be clean!!i wouldnt recommend anyone to stay here especially families with young children with rat poisin lying around on the floors!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank spuddy7
auckland nz
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We stayed at this hotel primarily because of its central location and for being so close to the attractions of this city. It charm and service is epitomised by Anita, the delightful proprietor. Problems we had were solved by her knowledge of the city and we felt it an extension of our home. Value for money was great and we would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for visitors to Cork as you are immediately made to feel welcome. Staff were great and and friendly. We stayed at quite a few hotels during our visit to Ireland and compartively the Ashley could not be better.

• Stayed May 2010
Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed April 25, 2010

hotel right in the centre which was perfect for me. good breakfast to start your day, room very clean and comfortable. i would recommend this place for anybody who is looking for decent service and value for their money.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo