“A trip worth taking............”

Maryborough Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We recently stayed at the Maryborough as guests at a wedding and it was one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in. Once we arrived we were greeted by pleasant and friendly staff and the little guestures, like the welcome drink, sum up the atmosphere of the hotel. Beautiful surroundings and efficent service topped off a lovely stay in the Maryborough and I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Maryborough Hotel & Spa

Reviewed May 4, 2009

I recently stayed in Maryborough for 2 nights with my husband and 2 young children - a 2 year old and 2 month ol infant. We had a really relaxing time and found the hotel and staff welcoming and obliging. The babies loved the pool which was balmy. The food was lovely. Although we had a quiet time it was so relaxing. The grounds were great for the little fella to run around and we were obliged with cots, fridge and late check out without difficulty. Would recommend for a low key relaxing time

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Had such a stressful week at work and was not really in the mood to do anything. My Boyfriend booked us in as a surprise and I must say I am so happy he did. Once we walked through the main door we were greeted by a very friendly and smiling professional receptionist who offered us a wonderful welcome drink. After our quick check-in we were given a guided tour of the hotel and shown to our rooms. We were offered use of the spa facilities during our stay but were advised to book in advance which I am delighted we took them up on and booked in straight away. The girls in the Spa were just as helpful as the main reception team and made us feel very comfortable and after 45mins of taking a break we felt totally relaxed and refreshed. We headed straight to the bar to grab some lunch and a few cocktails (which I must mention the food was fantastic and reasonably priced). We took a stroll down to Douglas village where there was a nice selection of shops and bars. Later on we went to Zings restaurant for dinner . The service was just as good as we had experienced from the moment we steped through the front door. Our meal was very tasty and the cheesecakes was to die for, I asked the waitress if I could get the recipe (I was guessing they would say no) but was delighted when it was delivered to my room.

I must say it really was a wonderful trip and a fantastic experience its just such a shame it had to come to an end But I will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2009

My fiance and I have just come back from a one night stay in the Maryborough Hotel and I cant praise this hotel enough.Our room was extremely comfortable and immaculately clean.You need only to bring your clothes as anything else you may need is catered for.We ate in Zings restaurant on Saturday night and found the restaurant staff extremely friendly and very professional .The meal itself was beautiful and very reasonable and the ambiance in the restaurant is very relaxed. We had a night cap in the bar and again the staff were attentive and friendly and again all was very relaxed.On Sunday morning we took ourselves to the tranquility suite which is a must ,it is one of the nicest Spas i have been too and there is something for everyone.Breakfast was fantastic and again the service was superb .I will definately be returning to the Maryborough House Hotel as soon as possible and would advise anyone planning a trip to Cork to stay here as i really don't believe you will find another hotel in Cork that can match it for warmth, comfort ,service or value for money.If I had to mark it out of ten it would get eleven.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2009

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for two nights, which included breakfast each morning and a complimentary dinner and spa voucher. Hotel is set in a beautiful area, really nice and peaceful. Our room was one of the refurbished ones and i was really pleased with it. Treated myself to a massage in the spa and never wanted to leave! You go 40 mins before your appointment and use the facilities there, small jacuzzi pool, sauna, heated loungers etc. all really nice and relaxing. Then the relaxation area for after the massage was so nice and peaceful. We had dinner there one night and although the couches aren't the most comfortable for eating and there was a mix up with my food, it wasn't really a problem. There was some construction work occuring directly below us but it didn't start till 9 and the power saw was the loudest bit and it didn't really effect us. All in all a really pleasant place to stay and really good value for money. I'd definitely go back, even if it was just for the spa!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2009

I have stayed in the Maryborough a few times now for both business and pleasure and i have to say I always look forward to returning. I love the complimentary drink at reception. The newly refurbished rooms are spacious, comfortable and beautiful finished, they are very functional for when i need to work but it is also possible to relax too when that is needed!! The staff are excellently trained and it is blatently obvious that customer service is at the core of everything that they do. And i would definitely recommend the Spa for a bit of pampering and relaxation, those therapists have magic hands!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2009

A friend of ours had their wedding reception at this hotel so we stayed here for the night.I thought it was a beautiful location for the reception. We sat in the garden after the ceremony and drank punch and had some light snacks and listened to live trad music. The garden setting was relaxed, elegant and very summer like. We paid €180 for the b and B for the night for two of us.
The food at the reception was delicious and plenty of it. The reception room in my opinion was a little dark, I would have preferred a room with more light and windows personally.
We used the leisure facilities the day we were leaving which were nice. The hotel is a little out of the city but was perfect for our stay.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends