“A very comfortable relaxing stay with great emphasis on the guests being happy.”

Maryborough Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Cork
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Fab Hotel with friendly helpful staff, super location and superb facilities. Cleanliness was top shelf and bedrooms were well laid out. Dining was delightful and there was a lovely ambience throughout. Would recommend to family and friends. Loved it. Caitriona

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed for a night with my husband and two small children. I rang that morning hoping to get a better rate than what was listed on their website but unfortunately there was no negotiating on this rate, it was a little disappointing as we would have stayed another night if there had been a little discount!! It is a great incentive though that they don't charge you for the smaller kids to stay, mine are only 1 and 2 and I begrudge having to pay considerably more than the double room rate. I was checked in by Aisling who was very nice and the kids got little cookies with their names written in chocolate on them which was very personal. Check in time was at 2pm and we arrived at 2.30, our room wasn't ready, this wasn't really a problem but a little annoying especially after the price being non negotiable. We made our way to the bar for lunch, the food was OK and better than average bar food. Our room was nice and they had a sofa bed made up for the kids which was ideal. The pool area was lovely, and the water temperature was perfect for the kids. I didn't get to use the spa and thermal suites but will definitely be making this top of my priority next time we visit. They had a little petting farm which we also unfortunately didn't have time to visit. Breakfast the next morning was good and again the staff were lovely. Overall we had a good experience and would have no hesitations in recommending!

1 Thank Rachgr
TheMaryborough, Digital Marketing Executive at Maryborough Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Rachgr,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review regarding your family’s visit to the hotel. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope the kids liked their cookies. I would like to offer my apologies that your room was not ready upon your arrival, and will be mentioning this to our management team. I’m pleased you enjoyed your room and made use of our leisure facilities as well. I do hope you will use the spa and thermal suites, as I believe it would be a great way to unwind during your visit. Thank you again for your review and recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had a very enjoyable stay, rooms were nice , the hotel itself is lovely, spotless and a nice hotel to just hang around in...
There was a group of 8 of us to eat in the restaurant that evening. The booking was made along with our accomadation
and although they couldn't find our booking , we were assured we would be fed and so we were, we were waiting about 15 mins for a table (a complimentary drink wouldn't have gone astray!)
However the the menu, choice and food was excellent , everyone was happy with their meal.
The following morning I enjoyed a lovely swim, leisure centre was spotless .
The breakfast was top notch, excellent food , and choice
I would definitely recommend and would look forward to returning!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear El G,

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent stay at the hotel. We’re thrilled to hear it was an enjoyable visit and that you found pleasure in relaxing and hanging out within the hotel grounds. I would like to offer my apologies that there was a mix up with your dinner reservation. Please know that I will be passing that information along to our management team so that we can investigate the problem and ensure it is not repeated. I am glad, however, that you enjoyed your meal in Bellini’s. We’re also delighted you found time to use our leisure facilities and hope you will try the spa thermal suites on your return visit; they’re perfect for a bit of relaxation. Thank you again for your review and recommendation. We look forward to your return.

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We spent one evening at the Maryborough Hotel & Spa and the only thing we would have changed about the visit would have been the length of our stay so we could have another day (or two) to enjoy the beautiful gardens and relax at this lovely hotel! The staff's attention to detail was noteworthy, not to mention attention to small details such as personalized, fresh baked cookies for our son presented upon arrival! We were impressed by the menu variety and presentation of starters and entrees for dinner - delicious on all accounts. We would highly recommend the Maryborough Hotel & Spa and hope to stay again on future visits to Ireland.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I've stayed a number of times this year with my family in this hotel. Very comfortable and welcoming. The suites are particularly beautiful and well appointed.
Two issues I would have are:
1. The breakfast is only ok. Not sure how scrambled eggs are cooked here as they are always quite tasteless and I've given up eating them. The service at breakfast time does need to improve. More than once on my many stays I had to ask to be served.

2. The hotel has removed all bottles of shampoo, toiletries, cotton buds etc. from rooms. There are only pump dispenser shower gel/shampoo combo and a separate conditioner attached to the walls. The pumps tend to be slow and dispense a tiny amount with each pump which is really annoying. On our last stay we stayed in a suite to find that this room had the toiletries like before - pity they can't put these into the regular double rooms too.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in front of old part of hotel as smokers congregate on steps late at night after wedding...
Dear maggiemay65,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences of your visit to The Maryborough. We’re so pleased to hear that you’ve chosen to return to the hotel on a number of occasions. I’m glad you enjoyed our suite and found the decor to your comfort and liking. I have also passed along your feedback regarding breakfast to our restaurant and culinary teams. We will be working to improve our breakfast service as well as the quality of the scrambled eggs. I will also be mentioning your comments on the toiletries to our management team. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have stayed several times at the Maryborough and have always been looked after to the highest standard. The staff cannot do enough to make your stay enjoyable. The quality of the food and service is excellent

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony's are sun facing all day

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Hotel was really lovely, service was great, food was fantastic, perfect location. The only one thing that was disappointing was the pet farm an the activities that are advertised, there was no one there to assist an the place was a bit messy. However the pool an changing rooms etc were excellent also, we would definately go back

• Stayed July 2014
Dear ebonypam,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at The Maryborough. We’re delighted to hear that you found your stay with us very enjoyable. Thank you for your compliments regarding the service and food quality. I’m also pleased our location was convenient for you. We’re thrilled, as well, that you were able to make use of our pool and leisure facilities. I would like to offer my sincere apologies that you were disappointed in our pet farm and activities. Please know that we have taken your feedback to heart and since made adjustments and improvements to both. Our pet farm has been cleaned and organised, and we have added more activities. We do still require that children visiting the pet farm and activity area are accompanied by an adult as no full time staff member is dedicated to the area. However, our management team and staff do make a point to visit and check-in on the pet farm regularly throughout the day. We do hope you will choose to visit us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review.