“Total relaxation in wonderful surroundings”

Maryborough Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Cork, Ireland
“Total relaxation in wonderful surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Maryborough for our anniversary. We had a wonderful time. We were able to sit out and enjoy the beautiful garden in sunshine. The staff were friendly and professional. Seva in the lounge remembered everyones name. Dinner was delicious and we had a lovely girl called Dara serving us. The restuarant manager brought us a glass of prosecco and strawberries to mark our anniversary which was such a lovely gesture. We had great treatments in the ESPA Spa. It is so relaxing there with great facilities. I would highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing break away.

Room Tip: Spa rooms are fabulous
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Arrived Tuesday evening, nice room, BIG bed. Good dinner. Wed morning - great breakfast. Each breakfast was great with home cooked brown bread and home made jam. Swimming pool very nice and pool staff were excellent. Kitty and Louise in the breakfast room were very helpful and Lauren on the front desk was great with the directions.

Room Tip: Try avoid the back of the hotel when weddings are on there.
County Clare, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed in the Maryborough for a night, availing of their bed & and breakfast + dinner offer and had a very pleasant stay. Our room was quite spacious and clean, with a lovely view out over the gardens. We availed of the spa during our stay, which was nice, but quite small. Dinner was very good, with a great menu offering a few more unusual choices than you might find in most hotel restaurants. It was my birthday whilst staying at the hotel and the staff kindly presented me with a 'happy birthday' plate of chocolate and strawberries after our desert. Breakfast was also very nice. I must say I found the staff at the maryborough exceptionally friendly, especially in the bar area. A great hotel for a peaceful getaway, I would definitely like to return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here recently with my boyfriend for two nights, after reading the great reviews and paying €280 for two night b&b I have to say I had high expectations for this hotel, unfortunately I was very disappointed with my stay here. From the moment we arrived we where greeted by a very stressed and rude receptionist who wasn't very accommodating with our early arrival at 1pm, she said our room wasn't ready which we had expected and when we asked her what time does she expect our room to be ready she made a clear point to say "well check in is at 2", failing to answer our question and ensuring that we where aware that this was our problem that we were early. Funnily enough when we came back at 2.30 our room was still not ready. The bar staff where equally as rude and unpleasant. Each morning for breakfast we were greeted by stressed staff who were flustered and disorganised. The rooms where small and very dated and the bed was uncomfortable, the lighting was poor and with one window and no air conditioning the room was constantly warm and stuffy, this was a problem throughout the hotel. I am well travelled and have stayed in all classes of hotels and hostels and I don't regard this hotel as meeting the standards of a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Claudia C, Front Office Manager at Maryborough Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your review and for bringing your experience to our attention.

I am very sorry to hear that your stay at the Maryborough Hotel & Spa has not been a positive one. We do value your feedback highly as it will give us the opportunity to improve our services going forward.

Check-In time at the hotel is from 2 pm onwards and generally we try to accommodate any early arrivals as good as possible. I can only extend my sincere apologies for any rudeness of staff who were unable to provide a better service, both at the front desk as well as breakfast staff.

Please feel free to contact me on cczerny@maryborough.ie as I am happy to discuss your feedback in more detail if you wish.

Kind regards,

Claudia Czerny
Cooper City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here for one night with my family when traveling across Ireland. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room was a little musty, but everything was comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night. We treated ourselves to a spa room. Room was nice but too warm. No window that we could open. Part of the roof was glass. Most of the glass was covered In green dirt.
On the plus side the staff were very friendly especially the receptionists. Breakfast was lovely too.

I think the spa rooms are nice and a good idea but ridiculously overpriced

Room Tip: Don't get a spa room.
1 Thank Bernadette T
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed last Saturday as it was our wedding anniversary, it was lovely to return. We had a lovely Jacuzzi spa room and dinner. All was lovely couldn't fault it. We had a hiccup with the TV and iron in our room and both issues were rectified asap.
Thanks again for a lovely stay, this hotel has kept us its standards in both professionalism and friendliness, well done!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room is fab but a one night stay in it would be enough as the lower level rooms dont have wi...