“Superb hospitality and comfort”

Maryborough Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed April 14, 2013

A group of eight of us stayed in the Maryborough recently to celebrate 4 birthdays and I would have to highly commend the hotel in terms of
1. Efficiency, support and helpfulness when making the booking and sorting out arrangements for us to have a surprise party for the birthday guests! They reserved a seating area, organised prosecco and a cake ( choc mousse cake which was utterly Devine!) for us to have and regularly checked in on us to see if there were any further ways they could make us comfortable or serve us. It is a rarity in my view from experience of other hotels to have this degree of friendly customer service and to such a high standard. And all this on a day when the hotel had another huge group booked in also for a different occasion, so they were very busy but could still shine in terms of service.
2. Our rooms were a great size, they were clean and the beds were super comfortable and the view of the gardens was just so lovely. We were on a hotel offer which included strawberries and prosecco in our rooms and this was all organised for us. Check in was so friendly and efficient too.
3. On hotel breaks I very often don't expect the food to be of a very high standard so I wasn't really expecting much from the Maryborough in this regard. But I have to say that my starter ( salted cod cakes) and my T-bone steak main course were absolutely faultless and so so tasty. The others in the group also were v pleased with their evening meal and the breakfast in the morning was great. The full irish breakfast was just perfect, but my recommendation is the pancakes with bacon on the side...yum! We decided to have lunch too such was the level of our satisfaction with the food.
4. As for the spa, it is hands down one of the nicest I've been to, surpassing Monart and Kelly's Hotel. The treatment (facial) was so relaxing and the relaxation rooms are a definite worthwhile experience which is included In the hotel offer. The only disappointment is that on a couples break, men and women have separate spa areas so you would be alone, but as we where 4 couples the girls could go together into their spa and this was n't an issue.
Overall I look forward to my next visit to the Maryborough. We have kids and I d have no problems going their with kids either as there were some families there too.
Can't wait to go back and our group is now starting to plan our return visit for next year! Well done to the Maryborough staff and keep up the great work.

Room Tip: Garden view!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,113)

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and my four kids stayed there in the summer of 2012. We had two enormous interconnecting rooms with very comfy beds for all. The rooms were spotless and cleaned everyday and each day the cleaners left different cookies for the kids as a treat!!. Both rooms had LCD TV's with regular movie channel for kids which kept them occupied. Spa facilities excellent and the wife did not want to leave the Jacuzzi. Small separate pool for toddlers and lovely whirlpool with bubbles which the kids loved. Food in hotel was delicious, service was second to none and you can relax later with a quiet drink and kids have ample room to play whilst not disturbing other residents. Breakfast was amazing and the choice was unreal. The highlight for my kids was the on site pet farm, which had free access and we spent an hour a day in there and my youngest wanted the rabbit in her room!!! All I can say is We'll Be Back!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I recently completed a two week working trip near Cork. I found the Maryborough Hotel to be perfect. It offered everything I needed. A nice relaxing atmosphere at the end of a working day, lovely food, very comfortable rooms and an extremely obliging staff. Nothing is too much trouble and I was really made to feel welcome.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Lovely hotel. Very convenient to the city but feels like you're miles away. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The food was good and the different areas of the hotel mean you can relax in open spaces or cosy spots by the fire. The biggest thing for us who stayed using a special deal offer with our two boys aged 10 and 12 were the staff. Everyone of them from reception, leisure centre, bar and restaurant were so friendly and so helpful. I really could not speak highly enough about them.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Nothing but good things to say about this hotel, fantastic surrounders, lovely staff. We got upgraded on arrival to a spa room which was fabulous, beautiful cooked breakfast on both mornings and a lovely 4 course meal in the restuarant on our second night. We also had some spa treatments done and they were fab, so relaxing and felt like a million dollars afterwards. Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanted a nice relaxing break in cork

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Myself and a friend had a wonderful night in the Maryborough. It is so convenient for the city centre yet you would think you are in the countryside. The staff were friendly, helpful, witty and nothing was to much to ask. The food was excellent as we're the cocktails that went with the lively atmosphere in the bar. The nicest thing of course was the thermal suite in the spa. Absolutely delightful. Didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: Executive garden view room. They all have balconies overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on the 9/04/13 for one night under grab one deal. Very impressed overall, particularly with the staffs friendliness in all areas of the hotel. The spa is highly recommended very relaxing thouroughly enjoyed the experience! The rooms are very comfortable an decor is modern, the food in the restaurant was very impressive nice wine list an excellent waiting staff, we will be back again soon! Highly recommended !

• Stayed: April 2013