A group of eight of us stayed in the Maryborough recently to celebrate 4 birthdays and I would have to highly commend the hotel in terms of
1. Efficiency, support and helpfulness when making the booking and sorting out arrangements for us to have a surprise party for the birthday guests! They reserved a seating area, organised prosecco and a cake ( choc mousse cake which was utterly Devine!) for us to have and regularly checked in on us to see if there were any further ways they could make us comfortable or serve us. It is a rarity in my view from experience of other hotels to have this degree of friendly customer service and to such a high standard. And all this on a day when the hotel had another huge group booked in also for a different occasion, so they were very busy but could still shine in terms of service.
2. Our rooms were a great size, they were clean and the beds were super comfortable and the view of the gardens was just so lovely. We were on a hotel offer which included strawberries and prosecco in our rooms and this was all organised for us. Check in was so friendly and efficient too.
3. On hotel breaks I very often don't expect the food to be of a very high standard so I wasn't really expecting much from the Maryborough in this regard. But I have to say that my starter ( salted cod cakes) and my T-bone steak main course were absolutely faultless and so so tasty. The others in the group also were v pleased with their evening meal and the breakfast in the morning was great. The full irish breakfast was just perfect, but my recommendation is the pancakes with bacon on the side...yum! We decided to have lunch too such was the level of our satisfaction with the food.
4. As for the spa, it is hands down one of the nicest I've been to, surpassing Monart and Kelly's Hotel. The treatment (facial) was so relaxing and the relaxation rooms are a definite worthwhile experience which is included In the hotel offer. The only disappointment is that on a couples break, men and women have separate spa areas so you would be alone, but as we where 4 couples the girls could go together into their spa and this was n't an issue.
Overall I look forward to my next visit to the Maryborough. We have kids and I d have no problems going their with kids either as there were some families there too.
Can't wait to go back and our group is now starting to plan our return visit for next year! Well done to the Maryborough staff and keep up the great work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the leafy suburbs of Douglas, yet minutes from Cork City centre, The Maryborough has a character and style all its own. The hotel delivers a unique experience in an exceptional atmosphere. From the moment you enter, we will guarantee you a level of personal service and care designed to match the exquisite surroundings of our 300 year old listed gardens. You'll also have an award winning restaurant, state of the art leisure centre with pool and luxurious ESPA spa on your doorstep. Enjoy a stress-free business trip with complimentary parking & WiFi as well as a convenient location to business parks. Relax over a romantic getaway with gourmet dining & luxuriously comfortable rooms. And for the families, be sure to visit our on-site pet farm with bunnies & chickens & play our outdoor games and activities including crazy golf, badminton, boules & croquet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Maryborough Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maryborough Hotel And Spa
- Maryborough Hotel Cork
- Maryborough House Hotel