“Fantastic hotel with exceptionally helpful and friendly staff!”

Maryborough Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Meath
“Fantastic hotel with exceptionally helpful and friendly staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

After spending two nights in the Maryborough Hotel, I can not recommend it highly enough. My friends and I enjoyed great service and attention from the wonderful staff in every area of the hotel. Every request was attended to! We were able to enjoy fun and energising zumba with Francine, and Samuel was very helpful in the leisure centre. All the waiters and waitresses were wonderful in the restaurant and credit to the chefs who provided delicious 3 course dinners and breakfast. The spa was beautiful and we all received very relaxing and enjoyable treatments. Credit to the bartenders and the members of staff at reception who helped to make our weekend a very memorable experience. I only wish the Maryborough hotel was closer to where I lived so I could enjoy the delicious food, the gym and spa treatments on a regular basis. I will definitly be returning!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We decided, last minute, to stay in the Maryborough Hotel for one night just to get away! On arriving at reception we were told we had been upgraded to a Spa room! The room was amazing! A fabulous spa jacuzzi with a relaxing lounger on either side was in a tiled area opposite the double bed. The bathroom of shower and toilet was hidden by a sliding door and the his and hers sinks over looked the bed! Such a different hotel room to what we've stayed in before! Off to dinner then which was included in our stay of 65pps. For starters I had prawn ketafi, and himself and mini burgers, we both had steak for our main course (which along with sides and drinks cost extra which we knew in advance!). For dessert we had cheesecake and doughnuts with warm chocolate soup and strawberries! We couldn't fault either the meal or the service! Looking forward to staying again soon!

Room Tip: Enquire about an upgrade to a spa room!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Limerick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had two nights stay and an evening meal, nice breakfasts, fresh fruit a bit scarce, otherwise good service,
My wife enjoyed the spa.
I used the pool, ok except for the stuff floating on the water. I mentioned to the attendant who appeared to take the matter seriously.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kilkenny, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lovely hotel, stayed here for a wedding. Found the hotel to be nice and peaceful and a lovely mix of old and new. Our room was on the 3rd floor. not much of a view but comfortable and modern. Disappointed with the breakfast but everything else was great.

Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent one night in this great Hotel and it was a pleasant surprise, staying with children can be stressfull, but after our stay we were relaxed and destressed. It was perfect for families the interconecting rooms were ideal for us, the food was great with an extensive menu, the staff were overly helpful and they really looked after us. I couldnt recommend this hotel highly enough.

1 Thank T123Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Recently booked a last minute stay at the Maryborough. I have never been to cork and was most delighted when I arrived at the fabulous hotel. My bags were brought to my absolutely fabulous spa room! I was blown away by the cleanliness and attention to detail in the decor of my room! I especially enjoyed sitting in my bed gazing at the starry lights on my wall door open listening to the trinkle of the water feature outside! I had a fabulous relaxing weekend the super friendly staff and top class facilities made me go home feeling like a million dollars! Highly recommend this hotel for weekend away from it all!

• Stayed April 2013
cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I am just home after staying at the Maryborough Hotel & Spa feeling totally refreshed and revived.I stayed with my dear pal and found it to be simply wonderful.The staff were so helpful and friendly,the food was amazing.As part of our stay we had the pleasure of enjoying a 4 course meal which I would rate as 5 stars.We stayed in the spa room which certainly had the WOW factor.If your looking for a girlie night away this is the place to do it.looking forward to our return trip already.

Room Tip: book a spa room and be wowed
1 Thank CorkLizh_13
Dominic H, Guest Relations Manager at Maryborough Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad that you left here feeling so refreshed. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Maryborough Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Warm regards,