“Fantastic Hotel”

Maryborough Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying here. A great find, one we will be highly recommending to our friends. rooms spacious, staff so welcoming and friendly. Had dinner on the second evening of our stay - very very tasty. We were disgusted we didn't eat there the first evening but decided to venture into the local village, Douglas and had a very poor meal there. Would definately return to Maryborough hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,113)

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have never written a review about a hotel before but I was so impressed by my recent stay at the Maryborough in Cork I really felt I should let other people know about it. I live in Galway and my sister lives in Cork, she had a baby a few months ago and as a treat we decided to bring our Mum (who lives in Limerick) to Cork for a Spa weekend as a mother’s day gift in the Maryborough. My sister has been to the spa there many times and always raved about it.
Me and my mum arrived at the hotel on the Saturday morning around 11 we were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful grounds of the hotel and the fabulous décor of the reception area, so warm and welcoming. We were a little early but we were shown to our rooms straight away which was great. The rooms were absolutely fabulous really spacious clean and again the décor was so luxurious and warm; it really felt like we were being pampered!!

We were straight into our bath robes and down to the spa where we were met by my sister. I though the Spa experience really was truly amazing, I have been to many spa’s and I would have to rate The Maryborough up there with the best. We got the ESPA full day pampering package which included a facial, full body massage and I got a pedicure to finish it off, we also had a lovely lunch in their pavilion, it was so nice and relaxing and my mum absolutely loved it. She is not used to Spa days but really enjoyed every single minute of it and it was great for my sister too will all her sleepless nights with the baby!! We spent the whole evening there just chilling out chatting and reading magazines in the loungers and going to the pool occasionally!! We went back to our room around 6 we were so relaxed, we had dinner booked in the hotel restaurant for that night; just the girls and it did not disappoint. The meal was fantastic and the staff were extremely polite and friendly. I had one of the best night’s sleep after all the pampering and eating. Breakfast the next morning was also very good, quality. I will definatly be returning to the maryborough we might even make it a yearly thing!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were lucky enough to stay in The Maryborough Hotel the day after St Patricks Day for our Wedding Anniversary. Myself and my wife decided to send the kids to the In-laws and have a night away (while still close enough to home in case we were needed).
I had attended a wedding at the hotel a few years ago but this was my first time staying in the hotel. I decided to choose The Maryborough as I had heard great things about their Spa and restaurant. From the moment we walked into reception we could see that this was a very elegant establishment .
At the reception desk we were greeted by a dark haired lady who was very professional and advised us on everything the hotel had to offer. As we engaged in small talk my wife mentioned that we were celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and it was our first night away in a long time. 15 minutes after checking into our room we heard a knock on our door and one of the staff dropped off a complimentary bottle of wine to celebrate our wedding anniversary. This was a very nice touch and something that we had not expected at all.
We spent most of the afternoon in the SPA enjoying the vitality pool and we also both got massages. The massage was one of the best massages I have ever received outside of Thailand. We spent our evening in Bellini’s restaurant which was excellent and rounded off the night with a few drinks in the bar. What struck me about the bedroom was how quiet it was which helped us get a great night’s sleep.
The breakfast the next morning was very nice indeed with a varied buffet. We even managed to sneak in a tea and coffee after we checked out at 12 o’clock and loved the MaryBorough cookies so much so that we bought some extra to take back to the kids.
We couldn’t be happier with our time in the Maryborough and hopefully will get to return again for another relaxing stay.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I recently visited Cork for 5 days on a business trip. On recommendation from a colleague who had recently visited our Cork office I stayed in the Maryborough Hotel.

First off the location of the Hotel is absolutely ideal. Upon entering Cork from the Dublin side I arrived at the hotel within 5-10 minutes. I had some meetings in 2 separate parts of Cork (Mahon Point & Cork Airport Business Park) and both locations were very quickly accessible at only 5-10 minute drive. A number of nights of my stay I was able to stroll down the hill to the Cork suburb of Douglas which has numerous shops, bars and restaurants. On the last night of my stay some of my associates took me into Cork City for a meal and some drinks - this again was a quick 10 minute taxi trip.

The Hotel itself was also exceptional. Rooms was very modern. Nice comfortable bed with a nice big bathroom. Staff were very nice and friendly.

The facilities are perfect for business stays. Anything you need is available. They also offered complimentary wifi.

Unfortunately I was not able to fully avail of the leisure or restaurant facilities (just one trip to both) as I was working long hours but my experience of both was excellent. I have already booked a weekend trip back to the Hotel with my wife to explore these more.
I did have breakfast each morning though and the food quality was exceptional with a great choice available on the menu.

I will certainly be passing on a recommendation for the hotel to any colleague or friends visiting Cork in the future as the Hotel is ideal for both.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PaulDub1
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were staying at the Maryborough Hotel for three nights for a wedding. What a fantastic place.
The rooms are large and spacious and the bathroom is top class.

The check-in was very friendly and efficient and we were offered a warm drink complimentary which was a lovely touch. All the staff were polite and friendly not once did someone pass by without saying good morning or hello. They were genuinely interested in making you feel welcome, especially the Manager Dominic he deserves a special mention.

Food: The breakfast was something to die for (we like the full Irish) but no matter what your tastes are you will be catered for, even the bar food was great (i can recommend the Vegetarian Wrap)

All i can say about the Spa is that i did not want to leave! Such a relaxing place, I could have spent all day chilling out and swimming around.

I was trying to think of something negative but I cannot come up with anything.

Overall outstanding hotel and definitely would plan to return.

Thank you Maryborough Hotel for a lovely stay.

1  Thank Joan D
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Staying this weekend food is good hotel is nice bar man Stephen is very friendly always using your name when takening your order
Only thing is I would have liked was live music in bar at night and also if they sold snacks behind bar ie nuts crisps etc for those late night drinks

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend took advantage of one of the deals on their website that included 2 nights accomodation, and evening dinner and 2 breakfasts. The room was very clean and comfortable with nice products to use. We used our dinner on the first evening and were impressed by the well cooked steaks etc. Please note that although the dinner is free included in your rate there is still a surcharge when ordering things like steaks and also you will pay for your wine etc. The buffet breakfasts were great as well the only critique we would say is that when we went down around 8:30 on both days it looked like the buffet could use a bit of a freshen up. Half empty fruit platters and what not. Other than that very good again. We decided to use the spa that is adjoined to the hotel as well and it was really really great. Also you get a discount if you are a hotel guest on services. I would highly recommend you visit the spa for a treatment if you are staying at the hotel it was the highlight of my stay. Only other little critique is that the moisturiser dispenser in our room was empty during our two night stay, a small oversight but it would have been nice to use. Overall, a really great hotel, great service and would definitely stay again.