“Roachestown Park Hotel Beats Them All” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rochestown Park Hotel

Rochestown Park Hotel
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cork
kildare
“Roachestown Park Hotel Beats Them All”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights mid week and loved everything about the hotel
Rooms are large and had a fridge kettle and safe all included, lovely led lighting in the room that changes colour.
Very high standard for the price and the food in the Bar/ Bistro was fantastic.
There is free wifi everywhere and eating was very reasonable so much so we only ate in the hotel

Our 5 year old is a very fussy eater and so we bring food for him and it was no problem for the staff to heat up or make this food for him in fact after only one day the staff came and asked did we want the food for our son heated up before we asked and had the good sense to bring it before our food.We were really impressed by this.

Swimming pool again is fantastic and all very modern
I was surprised how busy this hotel was mid week and how much business conferences were on but this did not affect anything about our stay in fact there was a bit of a buzz to the place rather than a dead mid week break

Would deffo go back to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone kids or no kids it a great place

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank colcaff
SLivingstone, General Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2009
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
I was delighted to read your kind comments and hear the hotel was extremely suitable for you and your family.
Looking forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.
Yours in Hospitality
Shay Livingstone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2009

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times while in Cork on business. I cannot reccoment it highly enough. It has been recently refurbished. The rooms are large, and stylishy decorated. Food in the bar is amazing, and not too expensive. There is a very large leisure centre including gym, pool and spa. Staff were very friendly. Plenty of parking also. Only negitave is the gym, it was a bit small, very busy and some of the equipment seemed old.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank IE20080
SLivingstone, General Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2009
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for sharing the good experience you had at The Rochestown Park Hotel.
I’m delighted to receive your comments we pride ourselves on delivering an excellent service to all our guests and are delighted to be doing so in our newly refurbished hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

I stayed in this hotel before the upgrade/building work, it was a little bit down at it's heels & justified alot of poor reviews it was getting. On returning for the May b/h weekend, I was immediately struck by the HUGE improvements. The new reception area is very impressive & follows on with re-designed & re-furbished rooms, spacious & comfortable with nice mood lighting. The staff seem to be invigorated by the upgrades & show pride in their work, they go the extra mile to make this place a little bit special. The re-designed bar area is open plan & modern wiith some really nice design touches. Food served in the bar is top quality & really good value. They were doing a roaring trade with food & beverage in the bar & there was a great atmosphere all weekend. Only used the restaurant for breakfast, which had a good buffet style spread. Only small negative comment i would make is that alot of the hot items for breakfast, both mornings appeared to have been prepared way in advance & weren't great quality, the scrambled eggs appear to be made from possibly some powdered concoction? I will qualify this by also stating there was plenty of choice on display on the cold buffet.
Leisure centre was same as before, well maintained & great for the kids. We will most certainly be visiting Rochestown park again. (some great deals available for families)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the great experience you had with us. The hotel, indeed, underwent an €18 million refurbishment last year. The reception, as you rightly pointed out is very different from the old with lots of space and natural light. This follows through to all public areas and bedrooms.
Our staff has been particularly excited about the entire process from design to completion and it gives us all a great sense of pride in what we have accomplished.
Suttons Bar and Bistro is becoming the place to be seen in cork, so thanks you for pointing out, not only the great food and value, but also the wonderful atmosphere.
I’m delighted your family enjoyed their stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2009

Great Hotel, fastest check in we've ever experienced, gorgeous spacious room, we got an comp upgrade even though the hotel was obviously and not surprisingly busy. Room service very efficient, food excellent, just wished we could have stayed longer, definately going back. Receptionist staff were so friendly and polite, even after we checked out we got an email the next day from the hotel to make sure we had enjoyed our stay. We stay in a lot of hotels, some not so good but this stay went smoothly from beginning to end. Would definitely recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Draven04
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2009

My company booked a business meeting in Rochestown Park Hotel for me to attend. As we had clients coming from all over the Cork County and I myself had to travel down from Dublin I thought the hotel is ideally situated just beyond the Jack Lynch Tunnel. And with the motorway so far progressed my journey from Dublin to the hotel was a much shortened one. On arriving to the hotel I instantly liked it, there was plenty car parking. The reception area is very open and bright, and the staff were very curteous and efficient, when I got to my room I found it very luxurious and comfortable and for business purposes it catered to my every need. For food I had a choice of the main restaurant or the bar. On further investigation I found out that the hotel had recently undergone a complete makeover.
Most importantly for my business meeting, I and my clients were very well looked after and the room was set up exactly the way we had arranged over the phone.
I would highly reccomend this hotel for its exceptional comfort and value for money. And commend the staff for their excellent high level of customer service. And I look forward to visiting Cork & The Rochestown Park Hotel again very soon, lets hope it won't have to be a flying visit

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank jman09
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
It was wonderful to read your review on our hotel. For the business traveler we are indeed ideally located adjacent to the South Link, making us easily accessible to people traveling from around the county.
We pride ourselves on anticipating and surpassing our guests expectations. For the business traveler we have a Guest Relations Department to ensure all requirements are met and are on hand for any changes you may have on the day.
I wish you all the best in your business ventures and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Co Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2009

I was bridesmaid for a friend of mine April 26th 2008 and the wedding reception was in Rochestown Park. I had been at a few weddings in the Rochestown Park before so I thought it would be the usual. But it was only when we got to the function room, I realised they had completely renovated the upstairs function room. There was still building work going on around the hotel but the room was completely finished. It was really beautiful, and the I didn't have any complaints about the meal considering it was a very large wedding. The staff were really really helpful!! Another great thing was that we didn't have to all move out of the function room to set up for the evening part of the wedding. I was amazed by the lighting in the room and the decor, pleasantly surprised to say the least. The only thing was that as they were still refurbishing the hotel we didn't have toilets on that same floor but they were easily accessed by the lifts or stairs. We did stay overnight but it was in one of the old rooms, it must have been a junior suite because it was huge, it even had a sofa. I know they have since completed the refurbishment of all the bedrooms and the reception area, so I'm really looking forward to our next visit there. For weeks after the wedding I was still going on about how wow the new function room was, really modern.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cinderlily
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Many thanks for your review on the Rochestown Park Hotel. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and for taking the time to leave us your feed back.
I’m delighted to report all the refurbishment has been competed in the hotel and we now have the facilities you sought.

Many thanks once again for your review.
Shay Livingstone.
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2009

Where to start..... We had not been to Cork before but we will definately return, everything about the weekend was perfect from the moment we arrived until we left. The Rochestown Park Hotel is magnificent, the decor, every little detail totally perfect! The rooms were amazing with most comfortable beds in the world, we stayed in a Junior Suite with 4 poster queen sized bed, lounge area, walk in wardrobe, seperate shower along side the giant bath. Every one of the staff were friendly, always very attentive. Ate in the hotel twice, food was great value for money not to mention the breakfast buffet which also had fantastic variety. I would (and have already!!) recommend this hotel to anyone as it caters for everyone, i am hoping to return at easter with my young daughter.!
Thank you to everyone who made our stay so enjoyable! Keep up the good work! :)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chinawite
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Many thanks for your kind review and the great compliment you bestow upon us. During the refurbishment we worked with a fantastic team of architects and interior designers to ensure we could achieve the very best in design and comfort. I’m delighted you feel we did just that. I’ll be more than happy to pass on your compliments to our staff and as a team, we look forward to welcoming you back.
Shay Livingstone.