“Fabulous new function room”

Rochestown Park Hotel
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed March 24, 2009

I was bridesmaid for a friend of mine April 26th 2008 and the wedding reception was in Rochestown Park. I had been at a few weddings in the Rochestown Park before so I thought it would be the usual. But it was only when we got to the function room, I realised they had completely renovated the upstairs function room. There was still building work going on around the hotel but the room was completely finished. It was really beautiful, and the I didn't have any complaints about the meal considering it was a very large wedding. The staff were really really helpful!! Another great thing was that we didn't have to all move out of the function room to set up for the evening part of the wedding. I was amazed by the lighting in the room and the decor, pleasantly surprised to say the least. The only thing was that as they were still refurbishing the hotel we didn't have toilets on that same floor but they were easily accessed by the lifts or stairs. We did stay overnight but it was in one of the old rooms, it must have been a junior suite because it was huge, it even had a sofa. I know they have since completed the refurbishment of all the bedrooms and the reception area, so I'm really looking forward to our next visit there. For weeks after the wedding I was still going on about how wow the new function room was, really modern.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cinderlily
SLivingstone, General Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2009

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Many thanks for your review on the Rochestown Park Hotel. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and for taking the time to leave us your feed back.
I’m delighted to report all the refurbishment has been competed in the hotel and we now have the facilities you sought.

Many thanks once again for your review.
Shay Livingstone.

There are newer reviews for Rochestown Park Hotel

Reviewed March 10, 2009

Where to start..... We had not been to Cork before but we will definately return, everything about the weekend was perfect from the moment we arrived until we left. The Rochestown Park Hotel is magnificent, the decor, every little detail totally perfect! The rooms were amazing with most comfortable beds in the world, we stayed in a Junior Suite with 4 poster queen sized bed, lounge area, walk in wardrobe, seperate shower along side the giant bath. Every one of the staff were friendly, always very attentive. Ate in the hotel twice, food was great value for money not to mention the breakfast buffet which also had fantastic variety. I would (and have already!!) recommend this hotel to anyone as it caters for everyone, i am hoping to return at easter with my young daughter.!
Thank you to everyone who made our stay so enjoyable! Keep up the good work! :)

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chinawite

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Many thanks for your kind review and the great compliment you bestow upon us. During the refurbishment we worked with a fantastic team of architects and interior designers to ensure we could achieve the very best in design and comfort. I’m delighted you feel we did just that. I’ll be more than happy to pass on your compliments to our staff and as a team, we look forward to welcoming you back.
Shay Livingstone.

Reviewed March 9, 2009

Went here for a weekend with 3 friends. Cannot reccommend it enough. From the Decor to the Staff to the Food, this hotel is amazing. The Food is fantastic and very reasonable, the rooms are amazing. Dont think I have ever slept in a bed so comfortable. The Staff are extremely friendly. Hotel also has great Leisure facilities and a Spa. It is only ten mins drive from Cork City too and walking distance to Douglas. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sue09Dublin

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thanks you for taking the time to leave a review on The Rochestown Park Hotel.
It’s wonderful that you and your two friends had such a memorable stay with us. Thank you for highlighting the comfort and luxury you experienced and I’ll be delighted to pass your compliments onto our Executive Chef.

Reviewed March 4, 2009

During the renovations I stayed well away from the Rochestown Park, in fact I was surprised they kept it open it got that bad. I along with other work colleagues then stayed in a nearby Hotel but last night I went back tot he Rochestown to see the new job and it is FAB!!!!!!!!

The Reception is the best bit, its huge, high ceiling, beautiul furniture, bright etc. There is now a lower ground floor bar off reception with a cool fire place!!! The only problem was that there are no clear signposts on arrival to guide you to reception, i 1st went around the back of the hotel.

I was upgraded to a junior suite, i have to say this was one of the nicest rooms ive stayed in a long long time. Its not huge and is debatable whether it should be caled a suite but the furnishings are very nice indeed.
The shower is cool, it has 3 spray hoses coming ouf the the side wall aswell as out of your head. (hard to explain)
The curtains are black out with a capital B, and finally my fav was the bed, a huge bed with the most comfotable matress and pillows.

I stayed int he hotel last night and had some drinks and food in the bar and bistro.
Food wasent bad, wasent excellent either, 27euro for a fillet steak and ive had better in the area of Douglas.
The red wine was served cold too, weird, but Still drank it.

All in all it is very nice, but.............and there is a but.... there still is the old part of the Hotel to contend with, especially if you are using the gym. Its not a nice experiece to be walking along the new wing and into the old, its ike stepping back in time.
For the Hotel to be complete , they need to upgrade the lot.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank IrishDave2005
SLivingstone, General Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2009

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
As always I want to start with thanking you for taking the time to review the Rochestown Park Hotel. The hotel did stay open for the 11 months of renovation and I’m delighted you got to see where the work has taken us. A budget of €18 million was spent which thoroughly upgraded our reception, bar and bedrooms as you kindly pointed out.
The Leisure Centre was not part for this project, it underwent its own redevelopment 3 years ago and has since been the recipient of many awards.

Shay Livingstone, GM

Reviewed February 28, 2009

Lovely hotel in the Douglas Area of Cork would highly recommend it for friendliness and large comfortable bedrooms

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your review and I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Many reviews have commented on the friendliness of our staff which I hold in the highest regards and I am proud our guests receive the very best in customer service.

Reviewed February 13, 2009

We booked our wedding at Rochestown Park Hotel and it was the best decision of our lives, even before we booked we were treated to a complimentary lunch while the helpful manager explained the various prices and options. They waited on us hand and foot. On going to bed my new wife said that it was the happiest day of her life, say no more, that echoed my sentiments exactly. A huge recommendation to this excellent venue and hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 26, 2009

Both me and my boyfriend stayed in the hotel in December 2008. We are from Tipperary. It is the perfect hotel for a romantic getaway. When we checked in the staff at the reception were so friendly, helpful and kind.The bedrooms are absolutely top class. A big four poster bed , a big wide screen television, a class bathroom with a big bath and walk in shower. We had dinner and breakfast in the hotel , the food was fabalous. We both loved it. I got a treatment in the spa it was so relaxing and he used the swimming pool . A very relaxing experience. We both really enjoyed the weekend in the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
SLivingstone, General Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2009

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
It sounds like you had a very enjoyable experience at The Rochestown Park Hotel. Its great to hear your feedback. The hotel was designed to achieve that WOW factor, weather you are here on business or on a romantic weekend away, there is plenty of pleasant experiences in store. The four poster beds with mood lightening and a spa inspired bathroom certainly offer a very special setting to our guests, its great you got to experience The Spa while your traveling companion had a relaxing swim in our 20 meter pool.
The food and service at the hotel are something we pride ourselves on, we invest time and training to ensure all our guests experience the WOW factor which you had in December.
Thank you for making the time to write about your stay.