“Nice hotel”

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cork
galway
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago. The hotel is quiet impressive when you walk in. Very airy and bright. Check in was nice and friendly however two staff members were talking over each other about booking a baby sitter for another guest and that tends to annoy me a bit.

The rooms are small but nicely laid out, lovely beds, tea/coffee. I think a little jug of milk would be a nice touch when you have a fridge in the room especially at €140 a night rather than that awful false milk that people just don't like.

Breakfast was very nice, staff were friendly, however there is a sense of people going through the motions in the dining room, bored perhaps.

Would i stay again, maybe, we recently stayed in the city centre and they seem much more professional.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rhysethan
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on tripadvisor. I have discussed all your feedback on the hotel, staff and service with my Management team to investigate and action. I assure you we strive for a professional, courteous and friendly service with all of our guests and I do hope we can welcome you back sometime in the future so you can experience this yourself.

Head of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed here for one night in June. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. We had food in the bar which was good. There was a very nice breakfast. The staff are very helpful. Unfortunately I didn't get to use the leisure centre but it looks very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words with others on tripadvisor. I was delighted you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back for many more stays to come.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

In behalf of Filipinos here in Cork we would like to thanks the management for letting us the Mapple suit for free of use, I booked for 3 Rooms and all rooms are supperb and spotless, all staff and crews of this hotel Rochestown park are all friendly and very accomodating. highly Recomended!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read and share your kind comments with my team. I hope we can welcome you back for many more stays and functions in the future.

Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I booked the great Relaxation deal for my sisters 40th birthday - there was 4 of us in 2 rooms. I booked the meal (as part of the package) for 17.00 as we were attending a concert at 20.00. The restaurant wasn't open this early so I had pre booked our meal in the bar 3 days previous for 5 (a friend was joining us). At 17.00 there was no table set up in the bar and we asked if we could sit outside and the waitress said no problem that she would set it up for us - she then disappeared and after 15 mins we went out and set up the tables ourselves. My friend ordered pre dinner cocktails which took 30 mins to arrive to our table and not a sign of an umbrella or anything else fancy - just a black straw (these were quite expensive so a little bit of decoration would have been nice). It took 7 trips to the table for the waitress to bring 5 napkins and cutlery to us (back and forth with two napkins, 3 sets of cutlery, another two napkins). Completely inexperienced staff - The food was fantastic but when it came to desert we were told that they had run out of cream for our Pavlova (there was a wedding out in the conference centre!) We had to wait for 20 mins and when our Pavlova arrived it was shop bought Meringue that was as hard as the table.
When my friend asked for an ashtray she was handed one which was full of fag butts!!!! We enjoyed our stay but for a 4 Star hotel I would have thought that the staff would have been better trained - it was ridiculous to be honest.
We had a spa treatment the next day which was really fantastic - the girls in the spa were fab - just 2 things
1. When we were getting our treatments all we could hear kegs being knocked together outside (not very relaxing)
2. The wooden relaxing beds - really not relaxing - very uncomfortable - get a matrass for them.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sandra O
Dear Guest,

I was very disappointed to read your feedback and see your disappointment in your recent stay. I assure you this is not the level of service and customer care we strive to give our guests and I have asked my Heads of departments to investigate, discuss and action with there teams your feedback to make sure it does not occur again.

I do hope to see you back with us some time so you can experience the positive results of your feedback.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were recently at this hotel and stayed in a family room with two faults and two children. The room was a great value, the hotel and room were very clean and there was plenty of room for our family. However, the hotel was a bit difficult to find and the signs for the lobby were hard to follow. Better signage would be welcome but the accommodation can not be beat!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. I was happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and I wanted to assure you that I will discuss with my team your signage feedback.

I do hope to see you and your family back soon.

St. John's, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We moved to this hotel after having a TERRIBLE experience at another hotel in Cork. What a difference a day makes!

Front desk staff were very welcoming and professional. Room was clean, spacious, comfortable. (could use some new mattresses though) Pool facilities were amazing! Kids had a much better experience than the last place we stayed. Air conditioning and ventilation was great.

Would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your kind words and also delighted to share them with my team. I do hope we can welcome you back to us very soon.

Head Of Operations
Longford, Ireland
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My rating would have been higher but for the room. I have often booked rooms for a single person before but this is the first time I got an actual single bed in what could be called a box room. The room was clean and the en-suite was fine but it was just so small. I enquired about an upgrade to a bigger room but naturally that would make the price dearer. In the end I decided to stay where I was and just be more careful next time. At least it was just for one night. Glad I wasn't claustraphobic.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Marco1994
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I was disappointed to read that you were disappointed with your room size and I assure you we do take all comments on board and I will discuss your feedback with my reservations manager.

Kind Regards for the Present,