Rochestown Park Hotel
$369
Cork Airport Hotel(Cork)(Great Value!)
$223
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,714 results
All reviewsmood lightingtom tobinleisure centrebar bistrodouglas villagekids clubwedding receptioncork cityreception areafunction roomlovely hotelreception stafftop classfamily breakgreat nightfrom start to finishfamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Very good standard of accommodation; modern beautifully decorated bedrooms and bathrooms, warm, very comfortable beds/ pillows, top class bed linen, towels and toiletries, spotlessly clean, lovely ambiance. Staff very efficient, extremely helpful, friendly, polite and accommodating, the best I have encountered in Eire. Downside, I stayed for 4 nights B and B and had quite poor quality sleep on 2 nights- lots of noise from wedding and party guests and general corridor traffic. I complained to staff but through no fault of management noise did not abate until early hours. Breakfast however was the real down point; it was truly awful on the two occasions I went to the breakfast room and difficult to understand how such poor quality food could be provided in an otherwise top class hotel? For example overcooked porridge, tinned segmented grapefruit (not fresh), cheap concentrated orange juice delivered from a metal canister (the worst I have ever tasted), rubber lukewarm toast, nasty sugar laden cheap commercial pots of marmalade in tiny plastic tubs, poor quality sausages, sloppy scrambled egg etc. This is the sort of breakfast one expects to encounter at the "Inn" style hotel chains and not a 4 Star hotel. The staff in the dining room were wonderful. I did not have time to see or use the swimming pool/ leisure facilities, which looked beautiful. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay and am would be very happy to return. The staff and standard of accommodation are excellent and deserve their stars.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear 38Mac38,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. I was glad to read that you thought so highly of the hotel and staff and I wanted to assure you that we take all customer feedback on board as we welcome any opportunity to make improvements for our guests, with this in mind I have passed your comments on breakfast to my Executive Chef for investigation and action as soon as possible.

I do hope to welcome you back in the Future.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I recently stayed here with my two kids and partner. The staff where lovely very friendly and attentive, the room was beautiful very comfy and relaxing, the beds was ever so comfy and perfectly dressed..it was very peaceful and quite even though our room was on the side by the motorway, the bathroom was lovely, clean and we had fresh towels etc on our second morning there. Swimming pool was lovely with small kids pool and attentive staff, would have liked to have a family changing room though but this is only minor. Overall I would really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Jadepr,

Thank you for your kind and positive comments on your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay and that you would return to us again.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed here for one night last weekend whilst attending a wedding. Very easily accessed from the motorway, nice bedrooms, well appointed bathroom complete with rain shower and helpful, friendly staff. It is however a sprawling hotel encompassing many reception rooms, bars and restaurants as well as a leisure centre, which is great if that's what appeals to you, to me it appears to lose a lot of character and atmosphere due to its expanse.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Dolly1912,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back in the Future.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

In April I celebrated my wedding at the rochestown park hotel. I had 122 guests and booked the upstairs room, which I think is called the estuary suite. Although the hotel was not my first choice, I spoke to a manager after a friends wedding there and was shocked at the package they were offering. I like getting the best value for money so I happily lost my deposit on a different hotel and switched the venue.

The manager I was dealing with was John Paul Carroll, he was incredible from the start. I don't like beating around the bush or small talk in general and he was the best man for the job. He did what I asked with very little messing around. The week before the wedding I was worried about how the room was going to look as I had 2 bands booked (So I needed 2 stages), I also wanted a separate corner of the room for just kids stuff (games/bean bags/sweet cart) and I decided that I wanted the room to look smaller (due to a few people not being able to go and our numbers dropping a little).
JP set up the room with a few hours notice so I could see it and decide if i was happy...he got couches and plants in, had a massive curtain hanging behind the top table and adjusted the stages so the room looked smaller. He absolutely went above and beyond his call of duty.

The menu we decided on was very generous for the package price that we agreed on. Marcus the chef that was handling our menu was great to work with...again no beating around the bush, I was happy to take on board his suggestions and trusted his judgement. Everyone was raving about the food....excellent cuts of beef, the chicken was nice and moist (I was worried it was going to be dry as a lot of mass cooked chicken can be) the veg was nice and fresh, staff were continually topping up plates and having good banter with the guests.

I absolutely loved the day, I was blown away at how the room looked with the candles lighting and flowers, I was so relaxed...there were no issues, JP kept a close eye on everything...he stood watching as the food was being brought out from the kitchen and made sure it was done quickly, he handled the slideshow that we had prepared for the projector and sorted us out for the BBQ the next day including arranging for tvs to show the rugby match for my guests. My friends and family are still raving about it all.

Couldn't be happier with it all, I would recommend the hotel to anyone for their wedding or indeed any type of celebration or function. 5 stars

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear kerrydee,

I am delighted that the Rochestown Park could assist you in making your wedding day such a happy and joyous occasion for you and your husband. We strive here to make sure all of our wedding couples receive the best service before and on the day and anything we can do yo make your wedding dreams come true we will do. I have passed on your kind words to all of my team and John Paul who you spoke so highly of in your feedback.

I do hope we can welcome you back for many more special occasions to come.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed here for some weeks with work throughout March and April and I can honestly say I absolutely loved it. From reception staff, to restaurant staff, accommodation staff, bar staff, the gym staff to even the head chef on the buffet at breakfast, everyone is just lovely ! The rooms are huge, immaculately clean and the beds are super comfortable, which is a rarity in hotels now days. Every morning for breakfast you're greeted with nothing but smiles and laughter. Check in is smooth and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The company I work for use this hotel a lot for corporate travelers and we are all in agreement that this hotel is just FAB !! The food was just perfect and again nothing is too much trouble ( I'm sure I had the chefs demented with my seriously picky requests ) The guys behind the bar were absolute gents and extremely friendly !! I just can't fault the hotel at all, and I really hope I'll be back again in the near future :))

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Leanne129,

I was delighted to read your review and share such wonderful comments with my team. I hope we can continue to count on your loyal custom for many more stays to come.