“Very good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Galway, Ireland
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is a lovely hotel. The evening meal was superb, relaxed, with excellent service. Enjoyed a good night sleep. Breakfast service was not as good, received porridge which was lukewarm, as was the 'hot' food.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear mag017,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and assure you we take all comments on board and I will be speaking with my Executive Chef to make sure he investigates your feedback on breakfast and makes all necessary changes to make sure this does not happen again.

I do hope to see you back soon.

Head of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Polish first
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

was at my neighbours sons wedding the meal was beautiful excellent service and great entertainment with music at reception before meal and during the meal great comfort in the bedrooms and the breakfast was beautiful

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

1 Thank CorkBluebell
Dear CorkBluebell,

I was so delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us and your great feedback on the wedding meal and reception and I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed here for a wedding in March 2014 and shared a triple room with my mum and sister. My mum has disability needs and I enquired about this before arriving. Everyone was helpful. The hotel was busy and had atmosphere. I thought that they had real business enterprise as there was a huge range of clubs and businesses hiring their facilities and it did not effect the hotel guests in anyway. The hotel has huge reception rooms and great for weddings or events. The restaurant was always busy with families being welcome.

I thought they had a good balance. We paid a bargain price for three people staying, attended a fabulous family wedding and stayed on a further 5 days, and the rooms, beds,shower etc were very comfortable. And yes we had a doggy light in bathroom but reported it on Sunday and sorted Monday which was very acceptable.

Having read review of someone staying here same time on business I can only assume that I was in good company and my glass more than half full. I would recommend this hotel happily.

Room Tip: Get a triple if you can especially if staying more than a weekend
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Roseann2014,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words on your recent stay on tripadvisor. I was delighted you enjoyed your stay and thought so highly of the hotel and team here at the hotel and I have made sure they are all aware of your positive words of encouragement.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I recently attended a business meeting in Cork and a big group of us stayed at the Rochestown Park Hotel for two nights. The group consisted of people from France, Netherlands, Germany, UK, Israel, US and of course Ireland. All of us were is agreement that this hotel was was of the best hotels we have every stayed in while on a business trip. The staff, the food and the rooms was second to none. I have not problem in recommeding this hotel to anyone. Looking forward to the next time already.

Room Tip: For a some fee, you can upgrade to the Superior room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Demo33
Dear Demo33,

I was so delighted to read your great feedback and share such positive comments with my team here at the Rochestown Park Hotel. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was my least favorite hotel of our Ireland vacation during which we stayed in Galway, Dublin, Killarney and this hotel in Cork. Having said that, it wasn't THAT bad. It just felt older and tired. The reception area is quite nice but they need to do some updating to the guest rooms. Our room was a triple and the matresses just felt really old and there was a hint of something that appeared to be mold in the shower. It could do with an overhall.
Also, finding the reception and parking was kind of awkward. They are attached to some sort of health club its hard to determine where the front of the hotel is versus the entrance to the health club and the hotel has a back entrance that looks like the front and I went there first, ending up winding through some odd hallways to get the the front desk. I ended up being glad that we only stayed here one night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank arizona_8
Dear arizona_8,

Thank you for your feedback. I was disappointed to read that your stay did not meet your expectations and would like to assure you that we will certainly take all of your feedback on board and see if we can make any changes to ensure we keep all of our guests happy.

dublin,ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Just back from a great stay with our 3month old baby. We stayed on a spring sale deal and upgraded for 40e for a junior suite. It was well worth it. We had a great stay and even managed to bring our baby for first swim in their lovely leisure center. The staff are so friendly and service excellent. We had combination of room service and ate in their restaurant which was lovely. We would highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jk3278
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear jk3278,

I was delighted to read your review and see how highly you regard the hotel and its team. I hope that we can continue to exceed all of your expectations for any future stays here with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed there a few weekends ago. Had never stayed there before but would highly recommend this hotel. Didn't leave the hotel all weekend. Used the spa which was amazing !! The pool is lovely and big there too. Would recommend the bar food more than the restaurant. Lovely & relaxing hotel and the staff are lovely. The bar staff are a little bit un-organised and falling over each other could do with a bit of a training course but lovely and friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear KittyCatCork,

Thank you so much for your kind and positive words on your recent stay. I was delighted to read and share all of your feedback with my team.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon.