Its a typical huge conference hotel.
There are parts of this hotel that have been renovated and you need to make sure you are in this part when youre booking your room. These new rooms are quite nice and modern. beds are very comfy, bathrooms are clean with a big shower, TVs are flat.
on the other hand the rooms in the older part are bigger, but you feel like youre in some old hotel.
Same with restaurants. The breakfast is served in a one that could use some work. crappy tables, seats, crappy and smelly rug on the floor - kind of feels like an old pub.
dinner and drinks are served in the sutton bar and that (again for the most part) is much nicer.
Breakfast was ok, although the restaurant run out of beans at 9am - the reason we heard was: we are very busy this weekend. Really this was a pretty poor excuse.
Last thing to mention is the noise from the motorway which is right beside the hotel. its not too bad, but if youre looking for a super quiet night then make sure you mention that.
Overall its a bit overpriced.
What we did in Cork:
- went to the city centre. English Market is probably the biggest attraction. The city itself is nice, but there isnt much else to do, maybe shopping. There is a very good restaurant in the market called Farmgate Cafe where you can try the one and only Tripe and Drisheen ;)
- Cobh. nice little seaside town. Good for a half an hour walk along the sea cost.
- jameson distillery in Midleton. good fun, interesting tour. make sure you rise your hand when the guide asks for volunteers for the mini tasting session.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rochestown Park Hotel enjoys a luxurious new look after completing an €18 million refurbishment and redevelopment in Oct ’08. An exquisite 4-star hotel with 149 bedrooms and 8 Executive Town Houses. It’s home to Ireland's premier Thalasso Therapy Centre and Beauty Salon as well as an award winning Health and Leisure Centre. The Gallery Restaurant provides guests with a unique dining experience of local produce combined with confident creativity. Suttons Bar and Bistro is fast becoming the place to be seen in Cork with a chic interior design and quirky menu. Situated in the suburbs, walking distance to Douglas village and within 4.5km of the City Centre and 2 km to Cork International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rochestown Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rochestown Park Cork
- Hotel Rochestown Park