“Would recommend”

Rochestown Park Hotel
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We had our staff Christmas Party last week in RPH. We had a group of 80 which can be difficult to find a suitable size room. The Maple Suite was ideal for this number. The food was lovely and the staff were very attentive at all times. The bar staff were always available for service and there was never a delay in getting drinks. I certainly felt all our needs were met and woyuld feinitely recommend. Well done & thank you for a lovely night.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear Eilis H,

Thank you for your wonderful words. I was delighted to read your Christmas party went well. I do hope to welcome you back for many more special occassions to come.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My room was outstanding. Spacious and comfortable. Staff were attentive and could not have done more to make my stay enjoyable. Bed was massive, extremely comfortable. Ate in the Bistro on arrival and I thought it was delicious. All in all excellent. I will stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Kevin O,

I was delighted to read your kind words and see that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope we can continue to exceed your expectations for all future stays to come here.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding reception here on 23 Nov. We stayed in room 323, luckily we had booked the room months previously as the online rate the day before the wedding was €149 without breakfast. This is a very confusing hotel as the main entrance is at the rear of the hotel, a lovely elegant georgian-style entrance leading into ...nothing. The actual reception is at the side of the hotel on the drive in where there is no permanent parking there this is an issue that needs to be addressed as I had to haul my bags halfway around a maze of corridors to get to the reception desk. I find it incredible that a hotel management seem amazed that a wedding party of over 250 people are arriving a large amount of whom are booking in as this can only be the reason for one member of staff manning the reception desk ..maybe they forgot that a wedding party was arriving as the bar in the atrium was also closed. I asked for a refurbished room and was facilitated in fairness, the room was spotless toilet and shower were lovely, there is a great rainforest shower with jets. Wnet down to the Atrium for a few beers while waiting for the wedding party to arrive, in fairness there was a guy from Lithuania who was a great barman the rest of the bar staff were struggling to cope with the twenty people at the bar. The bar counter was never wiped once in the three hours I was there resulting in the old "beer elbow". In addition was only thanked once by the Lithuanian barman, the remainder of the very young bar staff adopted the old heads-down attitude. To be fair the hotel is very clean and the toilets were exceptional outside the reception ballroom as indeed they were throughout. . The manager moved our table while we were having our coffee with a sneer on his face ..yes it was to clear the dancefloor but the band were not starting for another hour, an explanation at least would have been the least expected instead of arriving just at the end of the meal and start moving our chairs and table. Not a very nice individual. The bed was superb and we had a great nights sleep The breakfast room was lovely not too bright and the amount of food available was excellent. Waiting staff were very nice and friendly especially the chef. Quality of cooked was average but it was piping hot. .Checkout was seamless with two very pleasant ladies manning the desk and I think for the first time in about twenty years I was asked how my stay was and handed, believe it or not, a Tripadvisor feedback card inviting me to leave feedback..Well done Management. Nice clean hotel, huge free car-park. terrible layout design, in general very poor bar staff with no manners, overpriced small rooms albeit clean and modern, too far from anything, would not recommend. Please do something about the entrance that isn't an entrance.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Flynnic,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I would like to assure you that I have discussed all of your feedback with my team and we will make sure this goes back to their teams to make any necessary improvements.

I do hope that that you will come back again so you yourself can be the positive outcomes from your feedback.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had our wedding night ther and enjoyed the stay. Service war nice even if we missed the breakfast the first morning.
The place is very big and it might be easy to get lost! But else it's very nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Doromic,

I am delighted that you both enjoyed your big day with us and I hope we can welcome you back for many special Occasions to come here at the Rochestown Park Hotel.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have stayed on business in a couple of 4 star hotels around cork. The room small but adequate for one maybe 2. Memory foam mattress best kip for years in hotel, food excellent evening meal & breakfast. Service excellent and sorry didn't try leisure complex. Best value 79 bb single rate. Only drawback is location if you're travelling back out the tunnel after 8am

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear BriOH1878,

Thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with all of my team.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Everything you expect of a hotel is here in one place. Stephen the night receptionist is outstanding with his customer service. The food is really good, the rooms are large and clean, the bed is very comfortable. The airport is only 15 minutes in a taxi.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear Paulandbetty,

Thank you for such a great and positive review. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and thought so much of our hotel and facilities. I have passed all of your lovely feedback to my team in particular Stephen who you praised so highly.

I do hope to welcome you back very Soon.

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

As a conference facility I am sure they are good, and that seems to be there focus. The rooms are tired and noisy. The bistro staff are slow and food was significantly over priced. The beds were uncomfortable and the noise generated by the party goers standing outside for a smoke in the car park was only marginally less annoying than the fire alarm going off three times. You know when a hotel is struggling when reception is manned by a back office team member and they don't even pretend to be interested in whether you had a decent stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Mattanson

Dear Mattanson,

Thank you for sending us your recent feedback. I was disappointed to read your comments and I will certainly be discussing them with my team here to make any improvements Necessary to make sure all our customers enjoy there time with us.

Kind Regards for the Present,