“Stay @ serviced apartment” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rochestown Park Hotel

Rochestown Park Hotel
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Bengaluru, India
“Stay @ serviced apartment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had stayed at Rochestown service apartments for about 3 months from Jan - Apr 2009. Very nicely maintained & quick on any service request. The television in the living room had a poor picture quality & when we informed the service staff about this they quickly replaced it with a 29 inch LCD television & problems with the Internet connection were resolved very quickly. Close to Dunnes supermarket, it was ideally located. Overall very satisfied.
Have selected my travel date as Sept 2012 since actual option wasn't available.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear SantoshPV,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback on your long-term stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and any issues you encountered were dealt with in a professional and warm manner by our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back

Head Of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Polish first
Combloux, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We did not stay at the hotel but used to have lunch at their restaurant, Suttons, reasonably frequently. Our last visit in August decided that we would not go back there again for lunch. The menu has been much reduced and the standard of the food was low in comparison to previously.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RASHFORD740
Dear RASHFORD740,

Please be advised that I have spoken with both my Head Chef and my Bar Manager in regards to your feedback so we can fully investigate your comments and make sure this does not occur again.

I do hope you would give us another chance to show you the service we can provide and see the positive results of your feedback in action.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

When I'm in Cork on business I always stay at the Rochestown Park Hotel, It is an excellent hotel, guest rooms and public areas are clean , food is excellent and the staff are all professional.
Once I had to change hotel because they had no vacant rooms due to a big wedding and I was disappointed but after two nights staying in another hotel I contacted the Rochestown and explained my situation and in a matter of hours they managed to find a room and the rest was history, I was delighted and moved straight away.
My only complaint is the broadband it is very slow and a good reliable broadband is a must, I'm sure that the management will look into this problem. I highly recommend this hotel and it is our number one destination for the company I work for.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor are quieter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gouder,

It is wonderful to read such great feedback particularly from one of our regular and loyal guests. I hope we can continue to welcome you back to us for many future stays to come.

Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here with two children aged 8 and4 and the large family room was great, They even came in with an extra single bed as they were out of camp beds, clearing a lot of families stayed there that night. Hotel staff are great, very friendly and obliging and the kids club was ace, my two really enjoyed it. It is very reasonably priced at €8 per child including meal and feedback from the 8 year old in particular was great. They have Wii Dance and lots of modern games for the kids and have clearly made an effort to make the kids club enjoyable and not just a glorified babysitting service.
Hotel is very clean and breakfast was lovely, even though there were so many people sitting for breakfast the service was excellent and attentive.
The pool is really spacious and a big Thank-you to the lifeguard/Reception guy who was brilliant to my daughter when she tripped on the way in and hurt her ankle. Full first aid training was apparent and he was brilliant, she later went into the pool after some Tlc.
Thanks!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear feefurs6,

I was so delighted to read your comments on your stay and see such positive and heartfelt delight in the hotel and its staff. We have had some great feedback on our Kids club over the summer months and we will be running it again over the midterm break in October if you and your family would like to take another short break to stay with us.

Please do check out our Facebook page and website for any upcoming special offers

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have stayed here on three of four occasions whilst on business. I will not be returning.

The food in the restaurant is very bland and seriously lacking in imagination and quality.
A friend of mine also stayed here on the 13th of August and had to send back their food as it was extremely poor. (Thai curry I think).

The poor quality food continues with the breakfast too. Self service with no frills.

There is a constant battle to make sure that you don't end up in one of the older rooms in the hotel which are depressing to say the least.
The new rooms are very nice, although some on the 5th floor are very small with no bath.
The reservations manager, or something to that effect, rang me to increase my rates by €10 for no apparent reason. They have no loyalty scheme for regular business customers but keep saying that they are talking about introducing one!

Good location and generally very nice hotel that is let down by some annoying details that should surely be fixable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear cleared2land,

I was disappointed to read your feedback and see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have spoken to my Head Chef who will certainly investiagate the feedback on the food and see if improvements can be made. Our Corporate price does operate on the amount of stays you company guarantees with the hotel and all upgrades are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed if we are busy but we are hoping to roll out a loyalty scheme across the board for our guests next year if possible.

I do hope to welcome you back soon.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very nice hotel, on our first night we were on the ground floor next to a very loud party but they moved us to the 4th floor which was much quieter, some of the rooms are adjoining so noise from the next room can seem like it's in your own room. We went for a family event and the hotel gave us a discount on our rooms because of this. Lovely pool and gym facilities, nice bar although there's a nicer bar downstairs that they don't seem to open which is a shame, enjoyed our stay, nice gardens, this hotel used to be a Seminary and that building still remains. Hotel is in Douglas village but it's only 10 mins on the bus into the city centre.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the 4th or 5th floors as the main road can be quite noisy, better still try an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Parky33,

Thank you for sending me your feedback on your stay. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accommodate you in a quieter room to facilitate this. I will of course take your comments on the downstairs bar under advisement and see if any changes can be made in the summer months.

I do hope we can welcome you and your family back very soon.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just back from a weekend in the Rochestown Park Hotel in Cork, where my wife and i shared a lovely room with our 12 year old son. The room was large with plenty of room for all of us. Kind size double and a single bed in the room. There were weddings on each evening, but we did not hear any noise and had no trouble sleeping. The facilities in the hotel are excellent, especially the swimming pool. The Hotel is close to Douglas village, which is where we ate, so I cannot comment on the hotel foe evening meals, but breakfast was fine. We spent a day in Fota wildlife park, which is just a short drive from the hotel, across the river by ferry.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed the trip and will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear EoghanJ,

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here at the Rochestown Park Hotel and thought so highly of the hotel, staff and facilities. I have shared all of your wonderful comments with my team here as well.

I hope to welcome you back very soon

Kid Regards,