“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cork
London
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very nice hotel, on our first night we were on the ground floor next to a very loud party but they moved us to the 4th floor which was much quieter, some of the rooms are adjoining so noise from the next room can seem like it's in your own room. We went for a family event and the hotel gave us a discount on our rooms because of this. Lovely pool and gym facilities, nice bar although there's a nicer bar downstairs that they don't seem to open which is a shame, enjoyed our stay, nice gardens, this hotel used to be a Seminary and that building still remains. Hotel is in Douglas village but it's only 10 mins on the bus into the city centre.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the 4th or 5th floors as the main road can be quite noisy, better still try an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Parky33,

Thank you for sending me your feedback on your stay. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accommodate you in a quieter room to facilitate this. I will of course take your comments on the downstairs bar under advisement and see if any changes can be made in the summer months.

I do hope we can welcome you and your family back very soon.

Head of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Polish first
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just back from a weekend in the Rochestown Park Hotel in Cork, where my wife and i shared a lovely room with our 12 year old son. The room was large with plenty of room for all of us. Kind size double and a single bed in the room. There were weddings on each evening, but we did not hear any noise and had no trouble sleeping. The facilities in the hotel are excellent, especially the swimming pool. The Hotel is close to Douglas village, which is where we ate, so I cannot comment on the hotel foe evening meals, but breakfast was fine. We spent a day in Fota wildlife park, which is just a short drive from the hotel, across the river by ferry.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed the trip and will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear EoghanJ,

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here at the Rochestown Park Hotel and thought so highly of the hotel, staff and facilities. I have shared all of your wonderful comments with my team here as well.

I hope to welcome you back very soon

Kid Regards,
Cork
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Family Room 420
Half our ambient lights are not working. Cleaners banged on door at 8.30. One tea bag. No safe ("none left"). Awful slow Wifi verging on unusable. Not enough towels. Lifts not even worth getting into. I work for Citco and we have a Corporate rate; mentioned on booking but ignored me thinks.
Other than than great,
Ed :)

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Magicedd1970,

I was very disappointed to read your feedback and see the difficulties you encountered during your stay with the room lighting, wifi and room amenities. I assure you this is not the level of service me and my team like to provide to any of our guests and I will be fully investigating all of your feedback with my team.

I do hope to welcome you back soon you can have another opportunity to experience the level of 4 star service we can provide.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We've just returned from a five night family package here. Unfortunately the bedroom allocated to us was extremely dated and basic and definitely not what is advertised on their web site. When we mentioned this to reception, Ronan, the manager on duty, impressed us with his amazing diplomacy, by managing to avert having four unhappy customers by finding us a delux room, even though the hotel was fully booked, being a bank holiday weekend. This room was beauyiful, modern, and what we eould expect from a four star hotel. This turned our holiday around and we had an amazing week. The staff are so friendly, the food in the Gallery restaurant, Sottons Bistto and the breakfast buffet was all amazing. The picnic provided for the day trips was perfect and the swimming pool was spotless and stunning. All in all we hsd a brilliant holiday and I would definitely recommend this hotel. Again, fair play to Ronan who turned what could have been a terrible holiday into an amazing one.

Room Tip: Request a recently refurbished room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear gracon,

I was delighted to read your feedback and see how Ronan was able to accommodate your needs so well and make sure your holiday started great and I can see from your comments that you really enjoyed your time with us and all the amenities we have to offer for families.

I do hope we can welcome you and your family back very soon.

Alice Springs, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 6,045 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We had an overnight stay with our group that stopped here while touring Ireland. Rooms are very spacious as are the bathrooms. Big comfortable beds, mood lighting, tea/ coffee facilities and free wi-fi made this a good stay.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank 1TraveltheWorld
Dear Ray A,

Thank you for your review and I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you and your group had a safe journey home and that we may have you back to stay with us in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

The hotel is rated 4 star but really needs to make some improvements to live up to this. The room decor is nice, recently refurbished with comfortable beds but the room itself if a little tight on space. The bathroom is very small and does not have a bath only a shower. It is not possible to open the door of the wardrobe fully as it gets caught in the bedroom door, so not a great design. There was a significant stain on the bed sheet, one that would certainly have been noticeable to the person dressing the bed to prepare the room. On request the sheet was changed and an apology issued.

I would recommend the nearby Maryborough hotel instead if wishing to stay in this area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Breda G,

I was very disappointed to read your comments on your recent stay and I wanted to apologize for the difficulties you encountered particularly with the room and room maintenance. I also wanted to assure you that we strive to make sure all of our guests enjoy a four star service and I hope to welcome you back soon so you yourself can experience the positive outcome of your feedback.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights 6-7 Aug and generally we were happy with the hotel. The breakfast was excellent and the hotel was in a good location for walking into nearby village. Staff were helpful and friendly. There was room for improvement. By far the biggest problem was the noise from the adjacent motorway. We were in the East wing and even with the windows closed you could hear traffic noise. The hotel's website doesn't represent accurately the fact that this is a very large hotel attached to a leisure/thalasso complex and is situated next to a duel carriageway. We ate at Suttons bar attached to the hotel which is very pleasant, you can sit outside. The bar inside the hotel off reception was closed? The room was large, bed comfortable and bathroom excellent apart from the hot tap on the wash hand basin - only a trickle of water? Would recommend but there is room for improvement.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SMF2412,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to read that you did enjoy your time with us and would like to advise you that I do take under consideration your comments on the noise from the motorway and this is something that we are looking to improve.

I do hope to see you and your family back soon