“The Rochestown Park is an excellent hotel in every respect.”

Rochestown Park Hotel
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Rochestown Park on many occasions and I have always found it to be an excellent place to stay. The staff and management are superb, room and food quality is top class and the amenities are many and various. This is a hotel that is very good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear TFinn27,

Thank you for posting your tripadvisor review and sharing such a positive experience with others. I was delighted to read your review and see how highly you regard our hotel and staff.

I hope we can continue to welcome you back for many more stays to come.

There are newer reviews for Rochestown Park Hotel

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed here recently as part of a wedding party. The location is lovely, just on the edge of Douglas village. This village is packed full of restaurants, bars, and shops. It has a great atmosphere. The traffic on the main road made it difficult to drive out of the hotel. There is a one way system in place. The staff were lovely, the rooms were lovely, although I heard the double rooms were fairly small. The pool is small but quite nice, with a sauna, steam room, and jacuzzi. Swimming caps are required and can be bought at the sports reception. Very clean, all in all a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Sinead_C0,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor and for sharing your positive experience with others. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope I and my team can continue to exceed your expectations for all future stays you have with us.

I do hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed June 3, 2013

stayed here the 1st weekend in June 2013 with family. Very efficient reception staff and good information given about the facilities. Arrived in room which was spacious, clean and well appointed with plasma tv, mini fridge etc. Ordered room service at 8.15, took over an hour to receive it but the waiter who delivered it to the room was very apologetic about the delay. Food was worth the wait. Decent breakfast the following morning. Had spa treatments booked for 2nd day, spa area is a bit dated but the therapist (Nicole) was excellent, I have had many treatments over the years but this was the best massage I have ever had. Dinner in suttons bistro was tasty and staff here are very friendly and efficient. Sleep was affected on both nights because of the mattress protector on the bed which is plastic backed and resulted in us being too warm and clammy. Overall our experience was a good one and I would stay here again as I enjoy shopping and the hotel is only 5 minutes drive from MahonPoint shopping centre.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear goldielocks79,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and also that you would return to us again. Please be assured I will speak with my Housekeeping Manager about the mattress protectors as well and see if there is anything that we can do about them.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Head of operations

Reviewed June 3, 2013

kept waiting for over an hour past the check in time for our room therefore missed the timeslot for kartworld for my sons birthday..i had to remind the reception staff twice to check our room!!..v noisy stuff going on all night in corridor...drunken people fighting etc..my 6 yr old boy couldnt sleep and neither could we til about 4am...room too hot...v basic tv that doesnt work with the new digital service widescreen.............even though it said in the brochure in hotel room that children are allowed in the pool in the leisure centre up to 7:30 during summer months, we were told at the pool reception at 6.30 that we werent allowed in and summer months meant june..when i told the manager that todays date was june 1st, she then told me that summer months meant the end of june...finally after recognising me as an employee of the leisure centre from 10 yrs ago, she allowed us in for 20 mins(no longer!).....i expected far better off a 4 star hotel but in fairness to the duty manager at checkout he knocked off 40 euro off the price after i complained, which i appreciated.......
i wont be going again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ianpurcell02

Dear ianpurcell02,

Thank you for taking the time to post your tripadvisor review. I was very disappointed in our hotel and team after reading your review and I can assure you this is not the level of service we strive to give to our customers. I have shared all your feedback with my Management team so they can review and investigate these issues to make sure they do not occur again.

I would hate to see you leave the hotel with such a bad impression and if you do ever think of staying with us again, I can assure you I and my team will make sure it is a positive experience for you and your family.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed with 2 different groups; used breakout rooms, & all the facilities. Joanne in Reservations was meticulous& flawless. Our 2 groups used & tested all the facilities, got massive thumbs up & it truly enhanced our training & work over 6 days. James Burke was our personal waiter on 2 nights , and he DANCED attention on us; prompt , diligent , courteous, swift & so very able. Super. 100% to R P H!

Room Tip: Just ask Joanne, Anthony Smiddy, Deirdre or any of the team: they really want to impress.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Michael C,

Thank you so much for posting your wonderful and positive experience on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read your review and see how highly you regarded the hotel, facilities and staff especially Joanne, Anthony,Deirdre and James. I hope we can continue to surpass all of your expectations for future stays and events.

I hope to welcome you back very soon

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed in Rochestown park hotel for 2 nights on business. Got a beautiful executive room with mood lighting. This is where the colours of the lights in the room change constantly or pick a colour if you like. There is a kingsize bed and a great double walk in shower with rainfall shower head or side sprays. Only downside was noise from next door. Tv noise is annoying so bring earplugs. Breakfast was excellent with a friendly chef to serve up your hot breakie. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear LuvmygrubDublin,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read your review and see that you enjoyed your stay. Please also be assured that I have passed all your feedback on to my Management team and we will certainly investigate further your feedback on the TV Noise.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just back home after a lovely night away at Rochestown Park . We stayed in room 225 and it was one of the nicest hotel rooms we've stayed in - the bathroom was huge with a gorgeous big bath and lovely shower. We used the in room dining option - all very tasty and very reasonably priced.The bed was so comfy I wish I could have smuggled it home ! Breakfast service the following morning was busy but we were quickly shown to a table and well looked after by the friendly staff. Before we left we paid a quick visit to the leisure centre - thanks to Lorraine for all her help.
Looking forward to our next visit - hopefully before too long. Keep up the good work !

Room Tip: Room 225 is what I'll be asking for again next time !!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Hotwhiskey,

Thank you so much for your wonderful Tripadvisor review. I and my team were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we can continue to exceed your expectations for all future stays to come.

I do hope to welcome you back to us very soon.