“Really enjoyed our short stay”

Rochestown Park Hotel
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Dublin, Ireland
“Really enjoyed our short stay”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed from Friday 10th to Sunday 12th May 2013. We booked a double room and it was really excellent. Checking in was good, staff friendly & efficient. Our room was in the newer part of the Hotel and was very modern and up to date. Not sure if Wi-Fi was available I did not ask about it but it was never mentioned to me and I did not see it in the information in the room.

The only problem we encountered was the background lighting around the top of the room. We could not turn it off and it definitely had an impact on sleeping on the first night. However, when we enquired about it the next morning the lady at reception was most helpful & told us about the small switches to operate it.
I would have no hesitation about recommending it to anyone.

Room Tip: The older part of the Hotel where the Family rooms are situated are a little dated.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JCF2010,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and had such positive about your experience. I am so sorry to hear that the backround lighting disturbed your first nights sleep and we are looking into placing an instruction sheet for the backround lighting in the guest information guide to make sure this does not occur again.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Head of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is a great hotel, spacious, light and really well set up for a convention, conference, team event or 'thank you' from the boss.

Not to say a weekend there wouldn't also be great to use the hotel to explore the attractive area of Munster and surrounding areas.

I was lucky enough to get a junior suite and it was palatial, with lounge area, big bathroom, four poster and dressing room, I couldn't fault it in any way.

Some of the hotel will need upgrading at some point, but the way they have modernised the atrium works really well and older areas are not out of place.

Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear groom_nick,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and sharing your positive comments with others. I was delighted to read your feedback and I have shared all your kind comments with my team.

Donabate, Ireland
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Went here with my wife who is 7 & half months pregnant for 3 nights b&b incl a meal. This was a last treat to ourselves before baby arrives. Our room was gorgeous and very clean with great facilties. Our TV didnt work and it took 4 seperate visits over 2 days from porters and finally an elctrician to get it fixed. The breakfast was lovely with a great selection etc. Its dissapointing that such a nice four star hotel dont have a nice restaurant seperate to the bar bistro for your inclusive meal. The bar bistro has nice food but can be overly busy and noisy and you dont feel like you are in hotel on a break. Limited menu on the inclusive meal. Was very dissapointed when we sat in reception area in the comfy seats for my wife to relax and asked for a drink for a manger type gentleman to overrule the girl behind the desk and tell me to go to the bar myself as the bar was very busy! Found this shocking service indeed as the bar was far from jammed! Overall we enjoyed but wouldnt rush back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barry B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your tripadvisor review. I was disappointed to read your review and see your comments on the bar food and the service for drinks in the Lobby. I can assure you this is not the level of service we wish to give our customers and I will certainly be speaking with all of my team in relation to your feedback to make sure it does not occur again.

I do hope to welcome you back soon so you yourself can experience the positive results of your feedback.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had our wedding reception in Jan 2013. From start to finish the staff were very helpful and friendly. The room on the night was magical and all of our guests were amazed. The food was absolutely devine.Elaine Cronin our coordinatorwas great. She accomodated all queries at any hour day or night. All the staff on the night were highly professional and nothing was a problem. I would highly recommend anyone planning a wedding to check out The Rochestown Park.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nicola F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read your wonderful and kind comments on the hotel, food and staff for your big day. I do hope we can continue to exceed your expectations for all future stays or special occasions to come with us here at the Rochestown Park Hotel. I have shared all your feedback with my team especially Elaine whom you praise so highly.

Congratulations once again on your special day and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

From start to finish, it was AMAZING!! The hotel is beautiful. The staff are fantastic and really friendly. The food was 1st class. The rooms were gorgeous & spaceous.
We started planning our wedding 2 years ago and absolutely everything from the start was fantastic. Elaine, our co-ordinator, did absolutly everything for us and nothing was too much!! She went above & beyond, Nothing was a problem.
The day itself was flawlwss and everything was thought of. Everything was catered for.
The Bridal suite was the most beautiful room i have ever stayed in.
Every guest has told me how much they enjoyed their stay too.
I honestly cannot rate this hotel high enough. It was a fantastic experience and i will be back again and again for every occasion!!

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic. Spacious & very well laid out.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Adele F
Dear Adele F,

Thank you much for sharing your positive experience with others on tripadvisor. I am delighted that we had a hand here in making your wedding day so memorable. I have shared all your lovely comments with my team in particular Elaine who you praised so highly.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon and congratulations again on your wedding.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I attended my niece's Communion Lunch last Saturday 11th of May, 2013. We had a wonderful time. The food and service was absolutely superb. I would like to thank Kashia for catering to our every need and ensuring lunch was a huge success. Thank Marcus and staff for the excellent food and mouth watering desserts. I look forward to our next occasion at the Rochestown Park.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear MarGar572,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and sharing your positive experience with others. I was delighted to read your review and see that you all enjoyed your day and that the staff here at the Rochestown Park Hotel had a hand in making it a memorable occasions

I do hope to welcome you and your family back for many more special occasions to come.

cork
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had our wedding reception at Rochestown Park Hotel in January,i cannot credit the staff enough for giving us the most amazing wedding day especially Elaine Cronin,everything we asked for was done without question,she stayed with us through the whole day and made sure that we got everything we needed and more,we had our reception in the maple suite,it was exactly what we wanted nice and intimate for our family and close friends,the wedding guests are still talking about the amazing food,there was plenty for everyone,and the waitress even asked if we wanted more!! amazing,we arrived back to our room in the early hours to find the remainder of our wedding cake displayed for us and a lovely bottle of champagne,a really nice touch,amazing,hotel,staff,food and in a great location for everyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Edel O,

Thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read your review and see how highly you regarded our hotel and staff in particular Elaine who you praise so highly and I have shared all your kind comments with them. I hope we can welcome you back for may more special occasions to come

A very big congratulation again from all at the Rochestown Park Hotel on your wedding day and we hope to see you back very soon.