“Perfect Wedding Day”

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cork
cork
“Perfect Wedding Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had our wedding reception at Rochestown Park Hotel in January,i cannot credit the staff enough for giving us the most amazing wedding day especially Elaine Cronin,everything we asked for was done without question,she stayed with us through the whole day and made sure that we got everything we needed and more,we had our reception in the maple suite,it was exactly what we wanted nice and intimate for our family and close friends,the wedding guests are still talking about the amazing food,there was plenty for everyone,and the waitress even asked if we wanted more!! amazing,we arrived back to our room in the early hours to find the remainder of our wedding cake displayed for us and a lovely bottle of champagne,a really nice touch,amazing,hotel,staff,food and in a great location for everyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Edel O,

Thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read your review and see how highly you regarded our hotel and staff in particular Elaine who you praise so highly and I have shared all your kind comments with them. I hope we can welcome you back for may more special occasions to come

A very big congratulation again from all at the Rochestown Park Hotel on your wedding day and we hope to see you back very soon.

Head of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

stayed here for 2 nights with my mum. we decided we wanted a girly weekend away so opted for the spa package deal. which included 2 nights stay B&B, a meal one night and 50$ voucher each for the spa.
the value was wonderful, but the meal was a set value menu, with very little choice and we were booked into the bar to have our meal which to us was not what we were aware of. we expected to have our meal in the restaurant and to be treated very well, this was not the case.
I loved the rooms, really cute and very comfortable, but neither my mum or me had baths in our bathrooms which was a huge let down to us as we are not shower people.
The spa was wonderful, extremely nice and friendly staff and the treatments very very high quality. For me the spa was the best part of my stay. Although the relaxation room was not up to much, it was a very nice, memorable experience.
One thing we found was that the hotel seemed to treat outside events such as communions, family parties and weddings as priority, which i did not really like. The bar ect were all booked out to outside events which to me is not something i like when i stay in a hotel, i like to think the guests should be their first priority.
But as far as value its a great place to get value for money, wonderful rooms and affordable prices, the location is also good if you have a car with you, quiet enough because its about a 5min drive to the city centre.
But i would not opt to stay here again.

Room Tip: rooms with colored lights in roof are the best
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear paula d,

Thank you for taking the time to post your tripadvisor review. Please be assured that we take all feedback on board and I am so sorry to read that your stay did not meet your expectations, I will be speaking with all of my team so we can investigate how we can improve our service so this does not happen again.

I do hope to welcome you back soon so you can experience the positive results of your feedback.

EvanLassie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We recently had our wedding here. From start to finish dealing with the hotel was a pleasure. Every member of staff was helpful beyond belief and constantly asking if they could more for us and our guests both on the day and on the nights we stayed. The wedding was perfect thanks to Elaine Cronin at the hotel. She has to be one of the friendliest and most accomodating managers and its no wonder all the staff come across so pleasant and happy. Even apart from the wedding we stayed at the hotel two days, as did several guests and could not find a thing wrong. The rooms were spotless and beautifully decorated. There were so many small touches in the rooms. We saw a few rooms that people were in and whether in the old part or newer part they were all beautiful.The food was gorgeous and very reasonably priced. Breakfast had a huge choice and there was no waiting around even though we were lazy and went during the rush hour. There was a mix of people at the hotel when we were there but the hotel was so suitable for and happy to cater for all types of guest whether families, couples, business people or children. The atmosphere in the hotel is just lovely. Many of our guests are already planning return visits and I dont blame them.The hotel is very close to a shopping centre incase there is anything you need but to be honest the staff at the Rochestown Park look after you so well you will probably find that you dont need to venture out if you so choose.My husband availed of the fantastic leisure centre and couldnt say enough about how fantastic it is. I couldnt recommend this hotel highly enough. We will be visiting again definitely just to avail of the relaxed happy atmosphere. A hotel for Cork to be so proud of.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear EvanLassie,

Thank you for sharing such a positive experience on tripadvisor with us and others. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your special day and that the staff and Elaine were able to cater to you and your guests needs. I do hope we can welcome you back for many more special occasions to come.

Enjoy the Honeymoon and congratulations to you again on your wedding.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here for business, it's not bad but it has the look of a hotel that was once much grander,
It's a modern style which is looking a bit shabby now. Has a pool and sauna both a bit shabby (pretty much a theme).
This hotel is convenient to Ringaskiddy so great for business . Good parking,free wifi in room.
Overall good value. Staff were friendly.
I had a room with adjoining door which was a real problem with noise, should have asked to be moved as soon as I spotted it, couldn't hear my tv over the noise from room next door.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get room with adjoining door ( although this applies to any hotel)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Joetraynor1,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your tripadvisor review. Please be assured that we take all feedback on board and I will be sharing all of your comments with my team to see if we can make any improvements.

I do hope to welcome you back soon,

Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel a couple of weeks ago and to be honest I did not enjoy my stay here. We had a few problems with the room ie the sewer smell coming from the bathroom.

The pictures of the spa look lovely but in reality the facilities require some updating.

Just to top everything off my mobile phone charger and designer sunglasses were very kindly thrown out by the cleaner one morning to which the Hotel did nothing about, so overall I would not recommend this Hotel !!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear juliemcq_13,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not live up to your expecatations and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay. I know my HR manager did contact you directly by email after your stay in regards to the lost items but if you would like to discuss this further please contact he hotel directly and I or my Front Office Manager Dawn North would be happy to discuss this further.

Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had our civil partnership here 2 years ago and were extremely happy with the hotel in every aspect especially Elaine who was absolutely brilliant. So going back last weekend to celebrate our 2nd anniversary was a treat we were really looking forward to and it didn't disappoint. Right from checking in to room service to breakfast to checking out was great. I have no complaints. I would recommend this hotel in its relaxed setting with great facilities to everyone looking for the perfect hotel break.

Room Tip: Take the upgrade!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Louiseodea,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and indeed for sharing your positive experience with others. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your wedding celebrations and your return visit with us.

I do hope we continue to exceed all your expectations for future stays.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

My partner and I stayed for a night here last weekend. We left our booking quite late so were delighted to get a really great room. It was comfy and spotless. We had room service delivered quickly by really efficient, courteous staff.
I have only one minor complaint- the restaurant seemed a little over stretched and it was very difficult to catch the attention of the waiting staff. The food was a little cold when it arrived too. I have to say, it was very busy with communion parties etc so maybe that was a factor
Thank you to Elaine in particular for making our stay so great!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Sah2711,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on tripadvisor. I was delighted to see you did enjoy your stay but I do want to advise you that we do take all feedback on board and I will speak with my Bar Manager in relation to the bar service and staffing.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon.