“Accomodating and Nice but out of the way” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rochestown Park Hotel

Rochestown Park Hotel
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Enfield, Ireland
“Accomodating and Nice but out of the way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here last year and it was my first trip to Cork. So, we found ourselves out of the way when we got there. Nice garden, bar and smoking/decking area... there is a shopping centre not too far away but we had intended on visiting Cork City Centre so it would be wise to have a car if thats your plan.

I had an operation on my jaw not long before arrival so the hotel did accomodate me with plenty of soup options at dinner etc. All in all, it was a nice place to stop off for the night but probably wouldn't be ideal for a 3 day breakaway.

Room Tip: We had a view of the carpark. I'd ask upon check in if it was possible to have a nice view... it...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Anthony S, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear SST11144,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and for sharing your experience with others. I was delighted that our team were able to meet your needs during your stay. I have passed all your comments onto the staff and Managers as well.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Polish first
Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great selection of food for breakfast the staff are very efficient and friendly. Bar food excellent, . Swimming pool clean. Rooms spacious and clean . The spa where I had reflexology was lovely . A really enjoyable stay . We will definitely come again ! This was our 2nd time staying here .

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anthony S, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear irishholiday2010,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and indeed for sharing your positive feedback with others. I was delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and to read your reviews on our staff and facilities. I have also passed all your feedback onto my staff and Management team.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed here 3 times now as we have family living nearby and it is convenient. We booked a deluxe room on the first 2 occasions and the room was fine. The third time we opted for the standard room but never again! It was the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in, we could hardly walk around the bed. We had dinner in the restaurant which was good but breakfast is not great so I would not recommend that again.

We used the swimming pool which was pleasant and the facilities here are very good.

The reception staff always appear to be indifferent, they don't seem to be able to multitask and every time we checked in they were very slow but for no apparent reason. I mentioned my disappointment to the receptionist about the size of the room when I was checking out and she seemed amazed that I would comment on this.

As this is a very busy business and conference hotel perhaps they don't need my business?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Anthony S, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear MaggieDublin,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Firstly I would like to apologize for the below par service you experienced during your recent stay and Secondly I would like to assure you that this is not the level of service we here at the Rochestown Park strive to provide to our customers. Your feedback is an invaluable tool that will be used to help us to continue to improve our service standards. We value all our customers and I would like to see you return to us so you can see the positive results of your feedback and with that in mind if you do wish to book please do contact Dawn North our Front Office Manager who will be happy to assist you with any future bookings.

I do hope to welcome you back soon.

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed on Friday and Saturday night 5th/6th April and was very satisfied with my SV break.
Melissa on reception was excellent both dealing with my check in and an apparently dodgy phone not connecting residents to the Bar.
She was very pleasant and allocated me a lovely room.
There were Weddings on both days, but the hotel staff and establishment seemed well able to cater for the large crowds which included lots of children. All in all, i would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: The Deluxe room in the newer part of the hotel are great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Trish C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read your kind comments and share them with my team in particular Melissa who you praised so highly. I hope we can continue to exceed your expectations for all future stays.

I do hope to welcome you back soon.

Laois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We (family of 4) stayed here over the Easter weekend. Our room was in the old part of the hotel and although it was very dated it was probably the largest family room we have stayed in thus far. It would not take much investment to bring the rooms up to a 4 star standard. The leisure centre and gym were both excellent, very welcoming staff and very clean. There was a kids club running which was fantastic value for money and according to my children very very enjoyable, the hotel even ran an Easter egg hunt on Sunday morning which went down really well with the kids!! The food and service in the bar were of a high standard. I would definitely stay in this hotel if I visit Cork again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear CorinaC-C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and indeed for sharing your positive feedback with others. I have also passed all your kind feedback onto my staff and Management team.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Graiguenamanagh, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Hi i visited the Rochestown Park Hotel during the week and found it to be an excellent hotel, very family orientated, food and staff were lovely. Priced very reasonable, food was delicious had evening meal in the bar bistro and it was lovely well presented and fabulous. The staff were friendly and went the extra mile to make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: Hi i stayed in the East Wing and had a view looking out onto the motorway
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anthony S, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Finnybol,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on tripadvisor and sharing your positive experience with others. I was delighted to read your review and I hope we can continue to welcome you and you family back to our Hotel very soon.

ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in the hotel. Room was beautiful - lovely decor, furniture and wi-fi
Staff in restaurant very friendly, chatty and helpful
Food very good

Was disappointed that when I when I went to bed it was like sleeping in a country music disco (does such a thing exist??)
Music much too loud in bar or where - ever it came from
Could hardly hear the tv - never mind sleep

Would put me off coming back to a lovely tv
Sound proofing would be a suggestion - or a lot of wine!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Anthony S, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear bryan66,

Thank you for taking the time to post your tripadvisor review. Please be assured we take all customer feedback on board as this can only assist us in improving our service for our customers. I was disappointed to read that noise disrupted your stay and I have already spoken with my Management team to review your feedback and suggestions.

I do hope to welcome you back soon you can experience for yourself the positive results of your feedback.