“TLC” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fota Island Spa

Fota Island Spa
Ranked #1 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Cork
More attraction details
Owner description: Fota Island Spa at Fota Island Resort offers a great range of treatments and facilities. The facilities include a swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool and steam rooms. Treatments offered include beauty treatments, massages and facials.
Cork
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“TLC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

What a joy to visit this resort - very friendly staff and felt great after leaving same. Will be back again in the near future

Visited October 2012
1 Thank John1907
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and the public.

We are very proud of our world-class facilities such as the golf course and spa. Our staff takes pride in providing a welcoming and personal service as it makes them happy to be part of a guests relaxing stay. I will pass your feedback on to our team.

niamh73
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Very impressive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel is gorgeous, our suite was absolutely amazing, so luxurious! The food in the restaurant was lovely and there was entertainment in the bar afterwards which was great! I would definitely stay there again.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank niamh73
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. It gives me great pleasure to read your kind comments.

I will pass your feedback on to our members of staff, especially the chefs, as they will be delighted to hear that their work is appreciated by you.

All of us here at Fota Island Resort hope to see you again soon.

Cork, Ireland
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great Spa in Fota Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is one of the best spas I have been at. Great sized pool but you have to indulge is all the theats that follow like whirlpools, sauna etc. Great to finish off in the curved chairs in the relaxing room. You can easily spend a half day there. Gym there as well. Enjoy

Visited April 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience. I am always pleased to hear when someone has enjoyed the use of all the exceptional facilities Fota Island Spa have to offer.

All of us at Fota Island Resort and Spa hope to welcome you again in the near future to provide you with an even better experience. You are more than welcome to visit our Restaurant and try the delicious Afternoon Tea.

Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A most relaxing time at Fota Island Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed in the Fota Island Hotel and Spa for 2 nights in July. We went to the Spa for a July 1 hour special treatement and use of the facilities. A great experience. Quiet, relaxing, peaceful environment, absolutely lovely staff and the treatments were top class. A lovely treat of yoghurt, juice and fruit awaits you when you leave the treatment room and you are brought to a relaxation area. The hydro suite is also really good with strong water jets and relaxing walk through pool area fo tired legs!

Highly recommending this spa! Came away relaxed and enjoyed every moment.

Visited July 2012
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Spa, responded to this review, June 22, 2013

I will pass on your feedback to all the spa therapists as they are always delighted to hear that their work is being appreciated and that they were part of making your day at Fota Island Spa such an exceptional experience.

Your feedback will be passed on to all members of staff as they are always delighted to hear that their work is being appreciated and that they were part of making your stay such an exceptional one.

Carlsbad, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was a little let down by my experience at Fota Spa. The grounds are lovely and the staff was friendly. I enjoyed the heated tile chair in the prep room prior to the massage and the lounger in a room with a beautiful natural view afterwards. I was there for a neck and shoulder massage to relieve a headache and the service was a less than average experience. I am used to a much stronger pressure massage and this experience just didn't deliver even after asking for more pressure. I didn't push it after a few requests and thought that perhaps my expectations were outside of what the service was to offer. If I were to go back, and I would give it another go, I would spend more time up front talking about what I wanted to ensure that is what I would be getting. If felt like a lot of money for a pretty weak service.

Visited March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy one of our massages. Our therapists take great care and pay the utmost attention to all of our clients. All the massages we offer are very popular treatments which we receive positive feedback on. I am sorry this was not your experience.

I hope to welcome you to Fota Island Resort again soon to show you all the great service and facilities we are known to provide.

John O'Flynn