“Perfect B&B in Cork City Centre”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
no view Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #27 of 58 Cork B&B and Inns
Kildare
“Perfect B&B in Cork City Centre”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We spent St Patricks weekend in Cork and we really enjoyed our stay in Parkview B&B. The hosts were very nice and friendly. The room was very clean and warm and the breakfast was excellent. There was free parking and the city centre was only a short walk away. We would recommend this B&B to anybody.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Padraic B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sydney
Reviewed March 2, 2013

At the end of my holiday in Ireland, I chose to randomly visit Cork. While on the bus ride there, I called another B&B which was full. Thankfully, they recommended Parkview nearby which turned out to be a cherished experience of warm Irish hospitality and one of the most memorable highlights of my trip.

Parkview is a beautiful home that has all amenities for a relaxing stay in Cork: comfortable bed, great shower, delicious breakfast, lovely garden, wifi and central location at a reasonable price. The owners, Finbarr and Marion, are a great treasure of local information and laid out many great suggestions for my short time there (I suggest a day trip to Cobh. Only a short walk to the train station, and a short train ride). They went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable and even helped with excess items I needed to post home. Parkview was like staying with family. It was sad to leave but a perfect ending to Ireland.

Will most definitely stay there again on my next trip to Ireland!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank percyinsydney
Tasmania
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had an absolutely fantastic fantastic time here. After the dissapointment of of my first night in Cork in a heavily marketted hostel, I went hunting for a better option, and after a few enquiries and help from another hostel owner, I arrived on the doorstep of this place. Man I was impressed. It really felt like home, and the hosts really helped make it feel like home to. They were very friendly and welcoming, and they gave me a good deal on a single room, then they ugraded me to the king room on the top floor, with majestic views over the city and the countryside beyond. Fantastic location, close enough to walk to the city, far enough away for peace and quiet. And they do a good full Irish breakfast too. Will definitely be back if I ever get back to Cork again.

Room Tip: North facing rooms are single rooms, with views over the street. South facing rooms have the better...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank Tory P
Béal Feirste, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I arrived at the Parkview B&B after a long and exhausting 7 hour trip from Belfast city, and it was just brilliant to be welcomed into such a warm, clean and well-kept home. There's so much character in this B&B - lovely paintings, interesting photographs with important people, as well as a great selection of maps, guides and information about things to see and do in Cork city.

The B&B itself is situated in a perfect location - very, very close to the bus and train stations, on a rising hill that captures a magnificent view of Cork city. From my bedroom window, I had an amazing view of the cityscape - I could see the tallest building in Ireland. The room itself was wonderful - better than many of the hotels I've been in. And best of all, the hosts of the B&B were so very kind and welcoming. They told me about a gorgeous little seaside town called Cobh, and it's so easy to get to - the train station is only down the hill and it's a lovely wee journey with excellent views of the city, beaches and shores.

As a B&B, I think the Parkview is tops. For bedding, I give it 10 out of 10. My room was so clean and comfortable, and the view just took my breath away. As for breakfasting, I give it 11 out of 10. The food was abolutely delicious - a full fry, eggs done to perfection, succulent sausages, beans, bacon, mushrooms, breads, a brilliant, strong cup of cafetierre coffee and the black pudding was to die for.

So all in all it was a fantastic place to stay, Cork hospitality at it's finest, and I look forward to going back.

Room Tip: Ask about the tallest tower in Ireland.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Peter F
Mullingar
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I got an en-suite room on 2nd floor, it was clean, dry and warm, with kingsize bed. House is quiet and cosy. One could say it's bit dated but I think that classic style suits it. Water pressure is not outstanding but still ok. Currently there's no TV (Oct12), take a laptop or a book with you. There is WiFi and it works fine. No carpark but enough space on the street just outside the gate. Filling breakfast, many options available. I spoke with few other guests and hey told me they stay there every year during Jazz Festival. One of them visited Parkview 14 times so far - I'd say it's the best recommendation.
10 mins walk to the city center, quiet neighbourhood, lovely and helpful owners.

Room Tip: Room 4, en-suite, no spectacular views though. Quiet and large. Kingsize bed, comfy armchair, clean...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
10 Thank Slaw1
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was stuck without a room in July and tried this B&B which was convenient to my brother's apartment and the city. I had booked a room in Jury's the previous night and I really wish I had stayed both nights in this B&B. Jury's was awful and the rooms were dark and dingy.

In contrast, I found the room at this B&B to be bright and charming. Lovely large ensuite and beautiful views of the city from my window.

Fimbar and Marion are the owners and were incredibly friendly and helpful in every way. They upgraded me to a bigger room without cost and even stored some fish that I had caught earlier that day in their freezer! (I had been fishing). The breakfast was lovely too.

The house is full of charm and many poets and literary types visit.

I would highly recommend this as a great value and convenient to the city.

Niamh

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Niamh C
Cork
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I was stranded in Cork when I arrived on 8 June 2012 when my booking at another B & B was not honoured. All the hotels in town were fully booked due to the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers concert that night (which I had travelled from Australia for!) Fortunately my taxi driver knew the owners of this wonderful B & B, so he rang them and luckily they had one room left. They could not have been more welcoming or helpful - absolutely wonderful. This was everything I had dreamed that a B & B in reland would be - a charming old house run by lovely locals - warm, friendly, welcoming and helpul. They turned my stay in Cork into an wonderful experience of classic Irish hospitallity.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo