“Lovely B&B close to town centre”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
Parkview Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #27 of 61 Cork B&B and Inns
Mullingar
“Lovely B&B close to town centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I got an en-suite room on 2nd floor, it was clean, dry and warm, with kingsize bed. House is quiet and cosy. One could say it's bit dated but I think that classic style suits it. Water pressure is not outstanding but still ok. Currently there's no TV (Oct12), take a laptop or a book with you. There is WiFi and it works fine. No carpark but enough space on the street just outside the gate. Filling breakfast, many options available. I spoke with few other guests and hey told me they stay there every year during Jazz Festival. One of them visited Parkview 14 times so far - I'd say it's the best recommendation.
10 mins walk to the city center, quiet neighbourhood, lovely and helpful owners.

Room Tip: Room 4, en-suite, no spectacular views though. Quiet and large. Kingsize bed, comfy armchair, clean...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
9 Thank Slaw1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was stuck without a room in July and tried this B&B which was convenient to my brother's apartment and the city. I had booked a room in Jury's the previous night and I really wish I had stayed both nights in this B&B. Jury's was awful and the rooms were dark and dingy.

In contrast, I found the room at this B&B to be bright and charming. Lovely large ensuite and beautiful views of the city from my window.

Fimbar and Marion are the owners and were incredibly friendly and helpful in every way. They upgraded me to a bigger room without cost and even stored some fish that I had caught earlier that day in their freezer! (I had been fishing). The breakfast was lovely too.

The house is full of charm and many poets and literary types visit.

I would highly recommend this as a great value and convenient to the city.

Niamh

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Niamh C
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I was stranded in Cork when I arrived on 8 June 2012 when my booking at another B & B was not honoured. All the hotels in town were fully booked due to the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers concert that night (which I had travelled from Australia for!) Fortunately my taxi driver knew the owners of this wonderful B & B, so he rang them and luckily they had one room left. They could not have been more welcoming or helpful - absolutely wonderful. This was everything I had dreamed that a B & B in reland would be - a charming old house run by lovely locals - warm, friendly, welcoming and helpul. They turned my stay in Cork into an wonderful experience of classic Irish hospitallity.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank TravelledJune2012
Haemeenlinna, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Charming B&B in good location. Walking distance from the city center. The bus and train stations are also nearby. The view from our room was great, you could see the whole city from up there! The host was very welcoming and helpful giving us tips of what to see and where we could have great dinner at the city. The room was really comfortable, it was light, warm and clean. Everything worked great for us! Definitely would stay there again. We highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank lilac87
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

We only stayed for one night but couldn't have been more happier. They went out of their way to give us a great dinner suggestion and help us with the next leg of our journey. Convenient location, clean room and hearty breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple