“Nice Atmosphere, tasoodlesood, good value”
Review of The Woodford

The Woodford
Ranked #11 of 88 Nightlife in Cork
Cork
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nice Atmosphere, tasoodlesood, good value”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Perfect for a Friday after work when you just want to get something nice to eat in a relaxing atmosphere. It's one of the nicer bars in Cork at the minute, but before 8-9pm it feels more like a restaurant, so it pulls off the Gastro pub routine quite well. They have gone for the darkened candle light theme, but it suits the place with it's high ceilings, wooden floors & red brick walls. The area over by the little stove is the nicest part to sit in.
The service is very good with friendly bar staff & waiters, a really relaxed vibe in the place. The food was really nice, definitely a step above bar food, actually it would be doing it a disservice to compare it to other bar food. It's worth going here for the food not just the atmosphere.
I'd say it is equally ideal for a nice lunch too. It on my plan soon...
Enjoy!

Visited February 2012

“Old world”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Lovely find for lunch really enjoyed the style of the place,food great too

cork
“Disgraceful treatment of customers in this premises”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I will open on a positive note by saying this establishments decor is beautiful and most of the staff are very capable. I am a Human Resource Manager in the Cork city area and I arrived at this premises at a busy lunchtime period with my daughter. I sat at a small table suitable for 2 people and put my daughters buggy out of the way of staff, customers and entrances as she was asleep . I proceeded to get a mineral at the bar and sat down to wait for my colleague as we were going to have lunch when she arrived. I was given menus by the waitress and I expressed to her that I would be waiting for my colleague before I ordered food. My colleague was running a little late and I was waiting 15 minutes for her, when the female owner of this premises came over and informed me in no uncertain terms..'we don't normally hold tables for people'...and then stood there in front of me staring at me, silently and then walked away. Needless to say, I was appalled at this total unprofessional behavior.
I had previously told 2 of the waiters that I was waiting for my colleague as I did not want to appear rude to my colleague by ordering before she arrived. There was obviously no communication between staff in this establishment and the owner will not have a successful business if she continues using an intimidating manner in which to run her business. I was planning to book this venue for a huge amount of people in the coming weeks, however, I would not even consider going back to this establishment due to their disgraceful treatment of customers. I would not recommend this establishment to anyone at this point.

Visited February 2012
Cork, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great for a quick lunch!”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

The food here is fantastic at lunchtime. The Ham sandwiches are a must as they cook the ham themselves every day... Look out for their signature coleslaw too.. Lovely!

Cork, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great food and relaxing vibe”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Really enjoyable experience.
Nice surrounds and full of character.
Food is excellent- steak superbly cooked.

Visited November 2011