Open today: 10:30 AM - 11:30 PM
Review Highlights
Bar

Great experience!!! Zara and everyone else was amazing and kind! Great place to grab a drink... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
MorganO120
Fantastic bar

Tremendous whisky bar. Huge selection of Irish whiskies including some rare and interesting... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
dlaugh
San Francisco
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cork
from $20.83
from $52.06
from $40.49
from $69.42
More Info
All reviews irish whiskey great atmosphere open fire drink suggestions great whiskey love whiskey stellar service whiskey list atmospheric bar metropole hotel the pub feel so welcome huge selection fantastic bar cork city great company few drinks
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2019

I never write reviews but after meeting the lovely barman Dan I thought I would share my thoughts. I'm not much of a whiskey drinker but it was very interesting hearing about some of the whiskeys you have to offer and where they come from. The time flew by and by the time I knew it,what was supposed to be one quick drink turned into six.I came across the bar one of the very odd times I go into the city and have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Great atmosphere and great staff. They're a credit to ye.
Will definitely be making this my go to whenever I manage to get to the City.

Date of experience: April 2019
Philip G, Owner at The Shelbourne Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Hi Louise
Thank you for the lovely review, I will pass on your positive comments to Dan. Much appreciated - Philip

Reviewed April 29, 2019 via mobile

If I lived here, this is the place I would go most every night. Great people and great atmosphere. Shout out to Dan and Brian for being consummate professionals.

Date of experience: April 2019
Philip G, Owner at The Shelbourne Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

Thank you for the lovely review. I will pass on your compliments to Dan and Brian. kind regards

Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

Went here for a day out with work friends bar man was so helpful offered us advice on there huge selection of whiskey and was really informative. Such a nice a cozy bar I would recommend it to anybody either natives or visitors such a warm welcome the second you enter the door

1  Thank Tabby313
Philip G, Owner at The Shelbourne Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Hi Tabby
Thank you for the lovely review. We really appreciate it. I will pass on your positive comments to the team.

Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Really enjoyed my gin cocktail here. Despite being mainly a whiskey bar the bar tender was great and whipped up a lovely light gin cocktail that excited my taste buds. Decor is great too. Will definitely visit again.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank 530hannahm
Philip G, Owner at The Shelbourne Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Hi
Thank you for stopping by, We really appreciate it. i will pass on your positive comments to the team.

Reviewed March 27, 2019

Cork is a wonderful town and the individuals who operate this establishment are amazing. Their understanding and knowledge of fine spirits, keeps your spirits high. Their attentive service made you feel welcome and at home. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: March 2019
Philip G, Owner at The Shelbourne Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2019

Thanks Paul for the great review, we really appreciate it.