“small rooms”
Review of Bru Hostel

Bru Hostel
Ranked #2 of 21 Specialty Lodging in Cork
Reviewed February 9, 2013

As Cork was part of my south - west trip, had to stay somewhere and found this place fine for me. Nice think i found was bar area.it may not be good first impression of place for people, but for me it's completely fine - to get to reception you have to cross all over bar. rooms in this place are very small, just for sleeping, nothing else, but good thing is pool table. i think this place should cooperate with attractions in city (like tours etc) to make this place more attractive.would stay again if needed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Bru Hostel

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Bru Bar Hostel is located really close to the train station, and was easy to find upon our arrival to Cork.
I stayed here with two friends for 2 nights. The rooms are quaint but clean, but what really makes this hostel awesome are the great people you find there! All the employees were really friendly, funny, and informative. They gave us great bar and restaurant recommendations, as well as welcomed us with open arms into the bar at 3 am to continue the fun until 5.
I would highly recommend this place for people who are looking for a community feeling, as well as want to have some fun. A plus for those looking to sleep-there is a separation from the bar and the hostel, so the noise is kept to a minimum.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CaitlinMcGuire
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Me and a small group of friends stayed here for two nights. There wasn't much to complain about really, the staff were helpful and we were able to leave our bags there after we checked out. The rooms themselves were quite small but for a hostel it was grand. It was also very close to the city centre and the university.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I only booked this hostel because the location is good, close to bus and train station and the city center is in walking distance. I booked 3 days from Sat-Tues, during the week it is better than on the weekend. When I checked in they wanted to charge me more than what I booked through a hostel website, than they told me I have to move after one day because they were kinda booked out when I booked. I told them that there is a reason for booking the days in a row, that you don't have to move. After a lot of bla bla bla, I said no problem.
The rooms: Freezing during the day because the heat works with a timer (before 7pm it is not possible to stay in the room because it is too cold). The bathrooms look like that nobody had cleaned them in a week and I had a lot of different hairs in my bed. Just disgusting to know that they don't change the linen.

It was pretty loug but the name has already bar, but the bar downstairs is really nice but on the weekend VERY loud.
The price is cheap but it is not worth it! Spend a couple of Euros more per night and you'll have a clean environment!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank b20_austria
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend in a room for 4 people. The room was VERY small on first inspection which was hard to move around in with our bags etc. Only one person could something that wasn't on their bed. The breakfast was all right, tea/coffee/cereal and toast. Bar was lots of fun and there are really really nice staff there, checking in and out was easy as pie and rooms are cleaned daily. Comfy bed. Only complaint would be room size!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed for a night in March with a big group. Stayed in a 6 person room. Pretty tight fit for all of our stuff, and shared the bathroom with 2 other rooms of the same size. It was a good location though. Not too far from the city center. No elevator.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Although the hostel is off to the side and across the river from the city center it's really convenient to the bus station..only about a 4 minute walk. The hostel is on top of a bar and you actually have to walk through the bar to get to the hostel which is a little weird. I didn't hear any noise from the bar when I was in my room but I was on the 2nd floor. When I was in the kitchen on the first floor, I could definitely hear the music though. The rooms were clean albeit a little stuffy. The beds had lockers under them which was nice. There's a TV room and 2 computers which can be used for free. There is wifi but it doesn't reach into the rooms. Breakfast is basic: cereal, toast, jam, tea and coffee.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo