“This is what the best hotels in the world strive for !”
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Dublin, Ireland
“This is what the best hotels in the world strive for !”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

You could not get better, friendlier service anywhere in the world, from staff who just want you to be contented - excellent !
I booked in for one night, then had to stay another, then had to come back the next week
and do the same again !
I could not recommend the hotel more - great central location, warm comfortable room and for the centre of a city, not that noisy at all. Breakfast was buffet style and good, and I did not try the restaurant or spa, so can't comment.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2010

My Husband and I stayed at the hotel for a family wedding being held during our stay. We were at the Imperial on a 3 night special break which we felt was fantastic value for money, it included a lunch at the English market which was wonderful, and also included 1 dinner with bottle of wine an the hotel restaurant. The food and the service in the restaurant was so good we ate there again on our last night.
Rooms- the rooms were a little small and dark but functional but could do with upgrading with lighter paint and a reshuffel ( the dressing table had the mirror on the side wall which made drying your hair almost impossible ). The bathroom was lighter but had broken tiles and also could do with new baths/showers.
We were very disapointed with the bed linen and pillows, I fully expected a 4 star hotel to have soft fluffy pillows and good quality egyption cotton sheets/covers however this was not the case, the pillows were as flat as pancakes and hard as rocks so we requested other pillows only to get more of the same. The linen was not too bad but again the quilts were of a poor quality.
We were given a room on the side of a very busy street, no problem we thought we are used to traffic, we did not count on there being a very busy night club half way up the street which did not finish up until approx 3:30 each night . As I have to sleep with the window open even a little it resulted in very little sleep over the 3 nights. We did think to moove on 2nd day but having all ready unpacked decided to stay put for the next 2 nights. Mistake!
All this said I have to say the hotel staff were very efficent and friendly and they did a fantastic job on the wedding reception for my neice and her husband, I could not believe the package they do for weddings. The manager was everywhere all day and up until 2:30 when we left to go to bed making sure everything went well. The food was amazing, staff attentive and lots of lovely touches like candles lighting the bride and groom from the street when they arrived all the way up to their reception in the ballroom.
The hotel is also very centeral for shopping in the city, and sightseeing.
I would be happy to recommend this hotel to friends and would advise to check for special deals but would advise asking for a room not on the side of the nightclub and hope for softer pillows.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 16, 2010

This Hotel is perfectly located. It has great beds and great bathrooms and they have fantastic staff and service. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Galway
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We have just returned from a wonderful weekend at the Imperial Hotel in Cork. The level of service at this hotel is excellent. All the staff, regardless of position could not have been more helpful and were very friendly. We travelled with my sister and brother-in-law who were visiting us from Scotland and they were very impressed. We have all travelled around the world on business and have stayed at some very luxurious hotels but have rarely been met with such friendly staff.
The hotel has excellent amenities including a spa which we did not get a chance to use unfortunately. We ate in both the restaurant and the bar and the food and service was excellent particularly in the restaurant..
The location of the hotel is very central with the main city centre with shops and bars only 5 minutes away. We will definitely return.
Kathy
Galway

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed September 13, 2010

This hotel is right in the heart of Cork, so great to get everywhere. However, when we got there, there were a lot of flies on the towels. Though the staff was quick to send up fresh towels, it was a bit of a turn-off.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Limerick
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Booked in to the Hotel over the Phone. The Lady on the phone who took the call was lovely. The room only rate in a double room for 2 people was €109.00. I thought this was expensive enough, but for this location and hotel I was willing to pay for it. Check In : at check in we were met my Another lady who advised us our room was €150.00 euro after a short conversation this problem was sorted. Now all I can say is for a frotn sesk staff memeber her presentation wasn't the best, and it is nice to have a well presented Front of house person so I'd like to see changes there.
Now Room 101. First Impressions as we walked in the door was WOW nice room.... But then I realised the Dim lighting was to cover up a really old and shabby room. In our room we had a Double bed and a single bed. The double bed was tiny, Like I mean Tiny. The bathroom had a step up to it. which had no sign to say MIND THE STEP. We I nearly broke my neck. The Shower was hot the night we checked in But its an over Bath Shower but it still felt Tiny. The only good lighting was in the bathroom, Not a hope could you apply Makeup in the Bedroom. No Mini Bar. The Tea & coffee Making was a Joke. The kettle is stuck to this old plastic tray under TV in a press. Its a hard job to boil it with out burning yourself on th steam. It only took about 10 mins for it to boil... The Carpet in the room is a shade of Browne, Orange, Maybe Wine, I couldn't really tell but agin tierd and old. When I needed a Shower the Morning before we checked out we got extra towel. No problem there. The water wasn't very on the next Morning more Luke warm. This is a no Frills Hotel. It has room for improvement. I would stay here again if the rooms were done up because the location is so good. I wouldn't want to Pay over €100.00 I want to like this hotel I really really do, But the room let it down:(

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsReidy
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed September 2, 2010

The decor of this hotel was really lovely. It was a little pricy for my budget, and for a simple overnight, it wasn't worth it to me. The bed was nice and comfortable, although there was no air conditioning, and the noise from the street with the windows open was not conducive to sleep. The breakfast was quite good.

Parking was an abomination. I got the deal with the free parking, which was several blocks away in a structure that required a key card. Tedious.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo