Imperial Hotel
$156
$141
Hotel Isaacs Cork(Cork)(Great Value!)
$127
$123
  • Restaurant
$122
$112
$123
The Metropole Hotel(Cork)(Great Value!)
$112
$90
$84
Travelocity
2,256 results
All reviewspembroke restaurantescape spasouth mallvitality suitecar parkcork cityenglish marketold world charmsuperior roomthe penthouseafternoon teacentral locationfantastic locationcity breakhotel restaurantchecking outlast weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have just returned to west Wicklow from a four day visit to cork city. What a magnificent time we had , my 80 yr old mom snd I were so delighted with the imperial hotel from the moment we checked in till our sad departure . We had a beautiful room with heaps of floor space , clean bed linen of luxurious quality , a spotless clean bathroom and plenty of towels . A sofa , chair and table for relaxing to watch the rose of Tralee ;-)
Mostly the location was a godsend as we could walk back from a shopping trip to sit outside for a rest with a tea and coffee to then be able to stroll around the corner to do a little more shopping ! We had awesome food with impeccable service in the Pembroke rest , a wonderful lunch at the farmgate rest in the English market and a very informative walking tour of cork city which we loved . This was all included in our special price so we were very grateful for waiting till August and we are only wanting to go back for more ASAP . Thanks to all the lovely staff at the imperial for making my mother and I so very comfortable on our stay and we now wished we had stayed longer ... We will defiantly be returning to your lovely hotel , thank you , Mary and Celeste Metcalfe , ps I love cork city .

• Stayed: August 2013
ImperialCork, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Mary and Celeste,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed Cork city as it is a great city and we are very proud of it. Make sure to tell all your friends.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

regards

Joe Kennedy

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I cannot understand the positive reviews this hotel has been given. It has lovely reception area and does give the superficial appearance of offering quality and comfort. I understand that experience and appreciation is subjective but we had two days of misery in this hotel. Rooms booked were described as super executive and though the bathroom was excellent - spacious and newly furbished the room was of average size with no view whatsoever! It was over heated and despite having fan on and windows open the heat was unbearable! On the second evening noise a wedding (which we were not informed about on booking) went on until the early hours and a fight in the street outside kept us awake (and other guests) until 4.30 am. Food on the first evening was good and service friendly and considerate. On the second evening we were stuck in a corner (as parties had taken over the restaurant) and served by an over familiar waiter who thought by acting as a jester we would not realise we had been manipulated. When will people realise that is not desirable to dine whilst sitting on a sofa! We both ordered the same main course and mine was served in a bowl - my husband's on a plate (careless detail) Reception were not that concerned about the disturbance but I have to say were pleasant and well meaning(obviously so much is out of their control) . The car park is a good hike away. Lots more negative things to say but cannot be bothered - it was AWFUL!!!! Breakfast was average and we were so glad to get out of this hotel and city as it is the only disappointing experience we have had in this lovely country.

Room Tip: No comment - not interested in this hotel whatsoever and will NEVER go back!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MadelaineChester
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have just returned from another stay at the Imperial. I am a regular visitor to Cork and the Imperial is always my hotel of choice. It has a nice friendly feel to it, as if you are staying in a comfy country house and it's right in the City Centre. The rooms and bathrooms are well appointed and the staff very helpful, professional and friendly. The breakfast buffet has an extensive choice, there's a very nice coffee shop in the foyer (very popular with locals) and a bar with good value bar meals.

The hotel celebrates it's bi-centenary this year and has hosted many historical occasions itself, which are described in the foyer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My parents used to have 'tea' dates at this much loved Cork institution 50 years ago. My husband and I brought them back here for a weekend to celebrate. Imperial Hotel is still one of the city's best-loved and renowned hotels, and still full of locals, popping in for a gossip, a cup of tea, or something stronger. The staff were friendly and helpful, if slightly jaded, such is dealing with huge numbers of guests and there being a slight element of 'corporate hotel chain' now about the place.
Two gripes being:
My husband wanted a cup of coffee at 7 in the morning and was directed to the McDonalds on Patrick Street, for example.
My parents' room was far too hot (to be fair, we were in the middle of a rather rare Irish heatwave), and the windows in their room would only open an inch.
Two small gripes for what otherwise was a hugely enjoyable stay. The rooms were immaculate, the location couldn't have been better, and the bar was a blast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I work for an agricultural company in Co. Cork and we use the Imperial on a regular basis both for our own staff and also clients, it is located in the city centre and has Cork's best restaurants and bars on its door step. The staff are always very helpful and pleasant. I would often ring last minute looking for a room and we are always well looked after.

I would definitley recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business