Imperial Hotel
  • Pool
$175
$134
Agoda.com
Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel(Glanmire)(Great Value!)
$140
$104
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
2,281 results
All reviewspembroke restaurantescape spasouth mallvitality suitecar parkcork cityenglish marketold world charmsuperior roomthe penthouseafternoon teacentral locationfantastic locationcity breakhotel restaurantchecking outlast weekend
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Last weekend we stayed 2 nights at the Imperial Hotel. The staff was friendly. The room however terrible. On the website the rooms look great and modern, this is only apparent. Our room was terribly old, dated and small, really outrageous for the price we paid. At night it was noisy, both from inside and outside the hotel. At 2 o'clock in the morning went the fire alarm off. The entertainment set did not work and the bed was sagging. Only real plus of this hotel is its location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ErikaB530
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is a superb hotel to stay while in cork. The room was very good and the breakfast was very good. I would recommend it as it is well run, the staff are really helpful. It is in a central location so its ideal for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My mother and I stayed in The Imperial last weekend for one night. The look of the hotel is amazing from the outside and inside! You are greeted by huge doors which lead into a big lobby. Check in was very easy. The room was great. We stayed in a twin room at the back of the building so we weren't bothered by noise of traffic. I overheard some American tourists complaining about the noise in their room but that is to be expected in a city hotel. The position of the hotel is great! Breakfast was great with such a selection! Only downside is the €8 per night for parking but it was only a minor problem when staying for one night. We arrived on a Sunday night which meant free parking across from the hotel but we were lucky to find a space. Overall, this is a great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Katie K
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My sisters and I took our mother to Cork last week to repeat our very successful visit to Cork and the Imperial last year - we were not disappointed. Although the hotel has seen better days in terms of decoration, it did not detract from its charm. The flower displays are so spectactular that they attracted my attention rather than other elements of the lobby. The standard of service could not be faulted. The receptionists, concierge, doormen, restaurant staff, were all excellent and nothing was too much trouble. The location of the hotel is perfect for getting round the city. We had rented a wheelchair for our mother and getting from the hotel to the shops, bars, restaurants, theatre, etc. was very easy. The small cafe at the front of the hotel is charming and serves delicious cakes; a good welcome after a day out on the town! We will return again as the hotel has charm, is friendly and nothing appears too much trouble for the reception staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here last week. Fabulous staff throughout hotel especially receptionist didn't catch her name. Hotel to me seemed 'off balance', slanty, it was like after the lobby the hotel had vertigo !! Did my own little survey with everyone I met in the lift and all agreed the hotel had a slant. I know its old but this was dreadful, noisy floorboards in a crooked room. The 'hot' breakfast was freezing. Dinner was very good,compliments to the chef. As I regularly stay in 4star I do not think I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
ImperialCork, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us both positive and negative. In relation to the slant, one or two rooms still remain after nearly 200 years with older floorboards but I assure you that is all.

I hope it will not deter you from staying here with us as it not a true reflection of the overall good experience which is found throughout the hotel.

Again, I take your comments on board and look forward to welcoming you back.

regarsd