Imperial Hotel
$369
Cork Airport Hotel(Cork)(Great Value!)
$223
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
2,259 results
All reviewspembroke restaurantescape spasouth mallvitality suitecar parkcork cityenglish marketold world charmsuperior roomthe penthouseafternoon teacentral locationfantastic locationcity breakhotel restaurantchecking outlast weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here last week. Fabulous staff throughout hotel especially receptionist didn't catch her name. Hotel to me seemed 'off balance', slanty, it was like after the lobby the hotel had vertigo !! Did my own little survey with everyone I met in the lift and all agreed the hotel had a slant. I know its old but this was dreadful, noisy floorboards in a crooked room. The 'hot' breakfast was freezing. Dinner was very good,compliments to the chef. As I regularly stay in 4star I do not think I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
ImperialCork, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us both positive and negative. In relation to the slant, one or two rooms still remain after nearly 200 years with older floorboards but I assure you that is all.

I hope it will not deter you from staying here with us as it not a true reflection of the overall good experience which is found throughout the hotel.

Again, I take your comments on board and look forward to welcoming you back.

regarsd

Reviewed March 25, 2013

just stayed for two nights in the imperial hotel.first of all staff were very friendly and attentative to our needs.the location is very central and within walking distance to most shops and night life,the building itself in quiet old but you would not think this when you arrive in the lobby,which is impressive.The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable.we used the restaurant on friday night which was not up to a 4 star rating,the bar food was quiet good and the staff were very friendly.I thought the car parking was a bit expensive at 16 euros for two nights.I will stay there again when im in cork

Room Tip: rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to to Cork and to our hotel.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed in this hotel as part of a package with dinner included on one evening. We checked in promptly with a very warm welcome from a truly lovely receptionist. We were offered help with our luggage and were shown to a beautiful spotlessly clean room. The breakfast had a vast variety of food and was absolutely beautiful. The food at dinner was also delicious.
However our only disappointment was this-as we were eating desert and before we were finished we rested our cutlery on the plate, without question or acknowledgment a female member of staff (appeared to be either management or trainee management) took our dishes away without even glancing at us. I did get her name, it started with an F. We were both so taken aback, we just sat in silence for a few seconds. Our deserts clearly were unfinished. On exiting the restaurant, I mentioned this to the staff member in question, she seemed to look over my shoulder as she muttered that she didn't realise and just walked on. She didn't even say sorry. All other aspects of our stay were wonderful. This one lady put a terrible dampner on it. This staff member could do with some intense retraining, with a strong emphasis on customer service.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in sharing your feedback with us both postive and constructive.

I will raise this review with the staff member directly so the experience is not reflected again. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cork and to our hotel.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Just stayed there for a night, seemed like a great place when you first walk in but once got to the room it seemd like it slanted like something was wrong with the structure,and kept tripping over the carpet in the halls, also it was plain compared to the lobby. For breakfast it was underwhelming had better, the food was bland and a bit overcooked. If I ever vist Cork again I wouldn't stay here again. Though the staff were helpful and very pleasant, they were 4 star.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Let me begin with the good points:
Staff-very friendly
Location-Central and easy walking distance to most places in Cork.
Decor-main lobby historical features and decorative.
Rooms-generall clean and bathroom ok.

Bad points
Standard room-we had a room overlooking the street. Noisy, the carpet covered many large uneven areas in the floor underneath. Carpet was so thick the door had to be pushed quite hard to get it open-room 228.
Food in the Pembrook dining room. The vegetables were cold each evening ,oddly enough the plates were piping hot. For our 3 night stay we sent back the food twice on every evening. On the last evening the food was inedible. A steak which we requested well done came out burnt on the outside and rare on the inside. An offer by management to replace it with anything we like was refused by us because of the overall poor standard for the basics. Turkey was dry and tasteless and cold on the inside,soup was flavourless, no adjusting of seasoning here. Bread with the food was hard and stale. Breakfast which we had at 9am on the fist morning was as bad as the next two near 10 am. Tasteless sausages, a toaster that had a mind of its own ,serving tongs which managed to have the handles hotter than the food due to a bain marie which steamed everything outside itself. No supervision of the food serving area.Seating area in the reserved area of the restaurant was badly soiled and shiny from dirt.Ladies public toilets dirty,overflowing and even though it was reported to reception each day there was no improvement Every day wet hotel hand towels were found on the toilet floor which appeared to be used to soak up leaking water.Toilets blocked and overflowing. I sincerely hope these towels were not put back into the laundry system for guest room use.
Room bathrooms-no sanitary bags, waste bin had no bin liners.
All these points were brought to the attention of management. Apologies were given however at that stage it was a very disappointing for us. This Hotel advertises itself as 4 star-how or who gives this rating we do not know but in our experience it is around a 2 star. Would I go back again-doubt it very much The location of the car park is flagged in the hotel website as is the costs, but 24 euro for 3 day stay on top of room rates is a bit much we thought.
Overall,pleasant staff ,good location was overshadowed by ,poor food,costly car parking and big dips in the room floor made for a disappointing trip.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front had large windows which open wide, no safety latch-risky if you had children. Rooms at front and side could be quite noisy particularly at weekends when the pubs and traffic noises seem worse.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dublin162010
ImperialCork, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us both at the hotel and on Tripadvsior. I assure you that this is not a true refelection of guest experiences here at the hotel but I do apologise for us not meeting your expectations during your stay.

I will contact you personally to discuss your feedback. On a more positive note thank you for your kind comments towards our staff members, cleanliness of your room and hotel location.