“Dong visit for the food menu”

The Flying Enterprise
Ranked #126 of 690 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I visited before and was disappointed, but I gave it another chance. Had roast lamb from the lunch menu. Very unimpressed. Pre sliced factory prepared cooked lamb over dollop of factory mash potatoes. Pre made onion gravy over meat. Heated selection of julienne carrots and parsnips with reheated mange tout on the side. In conclusion, this is a nice well run clean and spacious pub. Might be ok for drinks & snacks, but go elsewhere for decent pub food.

7  Thank Nightster1

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Was welcomed at the door, however I felt like I was being watched throughout my meal. We were also repeatedly checked up on, to the point where I was asked how my food was several times during the same course! Food tasted like it had been frozen then microwaved and was altogether far too greasy... Decor outdated and staff seemingly under pressure even though it was quiet at the time. I would not eat here again and I would strongly advise anyone else to steer clear of the place.

15  Thank Rose B
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was at the bar but got some fabulous food. There was an amazing chicken wings with a homemade blue cheese dressing. It was really really tasty! The staff were really friendly too. Handy location too close to the city centre.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Fantastic outdoor seating area, well heated. Staff Superb and welcoming and great foodl. Keep up the great work.....

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is not gourmet food, but if you want welcoming, friendly, comfortable, good home cooking, bit of music on Saturday, style of evening, you can't beat The Flying Enterprise. It suited us, as three ladies on our first visit to Ireland. It was reasonably priced as well. We would have no hesitation in going back.