“Great pub with a good selection of whiskey.” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Bodega @ St. Peter's Market
Ranked #147 of 625 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Irish, European, Pub, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Great pub with a good selection of whiskey.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We each had a juicy, perfectly cooked burger with yummy fries and proper ketchup. I really liked the look of the place and it had tons of seating. It was a bit pricey, but we were on vacation and wanted to hang out. The staff was friendly and we enjoyed trying the Mi Doza stout that is brewed by them. The bar is lovely to look at and the bartender was knowledgeable and helpful.

Cork, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a pretentious venue with basic overpriced food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went to the Bodega a few weeks ago for lunch. Although the interior is quite nice, neither the food nor the staff match the fine decor. I thought the menu was very basic and totally overpriced. We (my partner and I) shared a mixed platter which consisted of about eight slices of various meats and a vew grapes. All for the princely sum of 11 euros or thereabouts. We also shared a club sandwich which was also average and in my opinion, at over ten euros, totally overpriced. I found the staff to be quite rude and assuming. Notions of Grandeur sprung to mind like I was somehow privileged to be served by them. I also found the atmosphere quite boring and unwelcoming. Take the decor out of this venue and I might aswell have been eating from a caravan on the side of the road, throwing crusts of my bread to the pigeons.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank yominator
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
“Nice atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Went here after recommendation from a colleague. I wasn't disappointed.
Even though I am not a big fan of the small tables to eat off, which are getting more and more common, we got a nice spot.
Service was good and fast, food was also very nice taste wise, but portions could have been a bit larger, especially the lasagna. This was a small square buried under a large pile of rocket.

Would go back, atmosphere here is very nice

Dublin, Ireland
“A good bar and decsent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went there on Paddy's day so it was very busy but we were still able to get a seat after 45 minutes. The service was OK and the live music was a bit too loud but hey, it's Paddy's day I guess. The food was OK nothing special, chicken wings were a bit too dry for my taste. They sat 6 of us in a very small table which wasn't very comfortable but the atomosphere is nice.

1 Thank ubando
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Twice in the last three weeks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went with out of town guests on the recommendation of a friend. The service was great. One of our guests didn't like the first table we sat at, so they gave us a new one as soon as it opened up. They were having a special, buy one get one free hot mains. There were five of us, so we ordered six just to get three free. We shared the tortellini in the middle of the table, it went in a few minutes, it was so good. The bacon and cabbage, sweet potato curry (x2), steak, and burger all were reported to be excellent. The seafood chowder and charcuterie board were marvelous.
Today just the two of us went for brunch. The menu was rather short on breakfast options, but what we wanted was a Full Irish anyway. It was very large but also very tasty. One of the best full Irish breakfasts I've had. Crispy black pudding, which I love, and no skimping on the grilled tomatoes.