“Good authentic food, good price.”
Review of Zanzibaar Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Surprised, didn't look like much from the outside but can't fault it.
Good portions. Very tasty. Wine was very good too. 2 adults and 2 kids main courses, 1 starter and 1 bottle wine 55euros.

1  Thank dryreq

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I went here for dinner one Saturday evening. My girlfriend and I ordered a main course each: steak sambo for me and the veg lasagne for her. The steak sambo was ok but presented badly and the veg lasagne was rotten and poorly cooked. The decor is outdated and cheap. The staff are fine. My biggest problem with this resaurant is that they cook so many different cuisines from Irish to Italian, Indian, Jamacian, Mexican. It cost €25 euro but it was terrible overall. They also don't take Credit/Laser card.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

Couldn't rate this highly enough! Decor not great, lighting a bit harsh, but the food is divine! Husband and I had a really delicious meal here on a recent visit to Cork and were so impressed. The food was so tasty, freshly cooked to order, absolutely loads of it, great presentation, and the service was really good. Two main courses, a really large dessert, a bottle of Mexican beer and a Coke came to €36. Will recommend to everyone we know visiting Cork!

Reviewed January 27, 2012

I just visited Zanzibaar, I am a regular costumer .
The food is lovely and portions are big and tasty. Pricing also reasonable.
Would highly reccomend to anyone.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

i used to really like this place, until i had a bad experience here a week before christmas. i ordered a pasta dish that was obviously microwaved because the outside of my plate and food around the outside was hot and the pasta and sauce towards the center was freezing. myself and my friend were the only two people in there at the time and a woman with dark hair behind the counter kept looking down at us, so much that my friend said she felt abit uncomfortable. to top it all off i paid for my dish i gave the woman €50 for my pasta dish and she gave me back €7!!! i was standing there for about twenty minutes telling her my change was wrong theres no way a plate of pasta costs €43 and she kept saying 'no', then my friend said 'she gave you €50 i saw her and if you want to take our numbers you can ring one of us when your adding up the till if you still think were lying,two other girls had come in at this stage, then the woman working there went on a rant about how the money would be taken out of her wages if i was lying and it wasnt fair,she kept shaking her head at me and eventually gave me the money with a dirty look on her face and just said fine fine! i walked down the stairs we got outside and i burst into tears it was humiliating,never in my life would i try to catch somebody like that,im never setting foot in the place again,shocking people skills and terrible at microwaving food!!! the only reason im only saying its poor instead of terrible is because i have good memories of going here with my dad,the staff were lovely then and maybe when this woman isnt working the place is good still,it has a lovely layout,its very private but i wouldnt reccommend it with that fool in there!