“Definitely the best Chinese in Cork”
Review of Yuan Ming Yuan

Yuan Ming Yuan
Ranked #42 of 667 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Was previously called Starvast but has undergone renovations and a name change recently
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Had a fabulous meal in the Yuan Ming Yuan restaurant. There was a large choice on the menu, ranging from the usual westernised Chinese to more traditional dishes. They have a large selection of Dim Sum.

While I use to like the Ambassador Chinese restaurant, I think the meal I got in Yuan Ming Yuan was a lot better and less rushed.

The staff were lovely, attentive and not annoying
I had steam pork dumpling for starter and the chefs speciality hot pot for mains. I can highly recommend either of these dishes.

All in all I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

One that could be easily missed down the narrow Princes Street off Oliver Plunkett Street is a very good Chinese Restaurant. The Marinaded Duck was soft and delicious and everything was fresh and crisp. Friendly service and best of all a bill that was handwritten! A treat in these days of touchscreens and thermal printing!! The only disappointing thing was the assumption that we are all incapable of managing chopsticks and we had to ask - But this is Ireland and we do seem rather reluctant to try something that requires a little dexterity ironic really for a nation that prides itself on sporting heroes who have hand to eye co-ordination second to none ( Golf....Hurling ). I'll be back for Dim Sum ( Only a few restaurants in Ireland serve Dim Sum ) in fact you could count them on one hand, if it wasnt knotted up with the chop sticks!!

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I've been 3 tines now and it never disappoints. The highlight for me is the dim sum. We did have to request the dim sum menu specifically and even at that I usually just let the very friendly waiter chose for me; steamed or fried they are simply delicious.
The rest of the menu is also very good - when you see plenty of natives coming and going you know you're in the right Chinese restaurant!

1  Thank CHill_2008
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is by far the best Chinese Restaurant in Cork and possibly in Ireland! The menu is extensive, the staff and friendly and attentive. We have never had a bad meal here. We would eat here once a week on average and if we can't get time to go to Yuan Ming Yuan then we get a take away meal to bring home.
there are always quite a few Asian people eating there, so I would take that as an indication of the authenticity of the food.

2  Thank D-Colin-M
Reviewed May 28, 2014

A real favourite of mine. Have visited quite a few times and I have never been let down. It has a beautiful Chinese decor as well as friendly staff who are excellent at their jobs. The menu offers a wide range of choices. The Cantonese duck with plum sauce is as tasty a meal as I have ever had. Lovely setting on Princes Street not far from Patricks Street. If in Cork, you should definitely visit.

1  Thank Michael O