“Lovely food, great service”
Review of Yuan Ming Yuan

Yuan Ming Yuan
Ranked #34 of 710 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Was previously called Starvast but has undergone renovations and a name change recently
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Despite the burnt fried rice my boyfriend got, Yuan Ming Yuan is the best Chinese Restaurant in Cork. Great choice of Dim Sum ! Even the local Asian community comes to eat there and that sure shows the quality of the place.
There is always room, the decoration is very traditional, a lovely little get away in the middle of the town. The staff is also very helpful and friendly.Let's bring this one back to the top ten !

1  Thank vmullerfeuga

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We found this restaurant on tripadvisor and absolutely wanted to go for the dim sum - and I wasn't disappointed. The dim sum (especially prawn and scallops) were excellent for a really great price! The others had aromatic duck with pancakes and were very happy with their choice too. We had a great evening at really good value for money - definately a recommendation for good chinese food. There were also some Chinese people eating there which is a good sign I suppose. The service wass attentive and also very good. Good choice!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is probably my favorite chinese restaurant in town. The staff are incredibly friendly and if you ask them, they can even tell you about some traditional dishes that don't always appear on the menu. Their Dim Sum menu is also the best I've seen without going abroad; so much choice and just really incredible value. Any of the mains you order won't disappoint, but try the Dim Sum, even just one, to really make your visit.The restaurant is also really nice, has a good atmosphere and is spotless. My only little issue is the lunch menu is not the same quality as in the evening, so this has always been more a dinner place for me.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is a terrific restaurant with wonderful service and just outstanding food. We had two dim sum starters (both delicious: bean curd skin roll and what I know as Shanghai dumpling with black vinegar and ginger, but can't remember the menu name, sorry). After this we had the very spicy beef dish (3 chilli rating, but just how we like it) and some delicious tofu dumplings in a spicy sauce. These mains were fantastic, and I have to say that when this restaurant says fillet steak, they mean fillet steak. It was wonderful quality meat. Next to us was a table of Chinese guys all eating what appeared to be salt and pepper prawns and some stir fried beans, and I wish I'd had room for those as well. Outstanding, and lovely service too.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We dined here in Dec, on a cold night outside. The service was friendly (waitress) and she gave us great advice. We wanted to try the dim sum in particular. it was delicious, esp any with seafood, very fresh tasting. For mains we had steamed sea bass, again fresh, not greasy. I had pork belly, which was very tasty. If you want non greasy chinese food then choose dim sum here and anything steamed. We will be back, great food and especially very friendly service

1  Thank RamblingOne