“Not the best chinese in cork city”
Review of Yuan Ming Yuan

Yuan Ming Yuan
Ranked #39 of 668 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Was previously called Starvast but has undergone renovations and a name change recently
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Me and my Chinese wife visited today, Sunday the 29th of December 2013, after reading the mixed reviews thought we would give the yuan Ming yuan a try. As mentioned by others It is a little dark in Ming style which will not be to everyone's taste. We ordered several dishes which we served quite quickly, one of the dishes was a tender pork dish which looked very nice, however parts of the meat were still cold and is evident they did not reheat in the microwave enough on this occasion. So overall the tastes were ok, but nothing special, however for me being served cold reheated food was quite disappointing so would not recommend to others.

2  Thank Brian W

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Very good food, good selection but lacking in authenticity. This isn't exactly a complaint however. The quality of food is impressive, fresh & tasty only to be slightly tailored like many a Chinese restaurant in Ireland to the taste of the Irish. Some ingredients unnecessarily added to dishes that would be near perfect without them.

I highly recommend this Chinese above all others.

2  Thank BoneyOD
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We eat here once a month. The food is fresh and delicious. They put a lot of effort into their dishes. Excellent value for money, nice atmosphere and prompt service. The staff are very friendly and kind. We have never had a complaint.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Went for meal with my family @ Yuan Ming Yuan after reading reviews on trip advisor. Big mistake as there are several really good Chinese restaurants in Cork. Portions were small and the quality was poor. The chicken seems so processed and the duck was very dry. I like to be positive about a restaurant when I can and the positives we're that the Death by chocolate was good and the staff were very nice. The icing on a poor cake was the coffee. It was instant and its a long long time since I have tasted a coffee that BAD. The ultimate test of a restaurants quality is the fact that you would go to that restaurant again. Would I go to Yaun Ming Yaun defiantly NO and I wouldn't recommend to family or friends. I would not recommend this restaurant as there are far better in Cork City.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had the set meal for 4 and were very pleased with the dishes and service the staff were really friendly and very attentive. Only criticism was it was a little on the cool side in the building.