Review Highlights
A great trip

Reviewed yesterday
Jamie S
via mobile
Super friendly and informative tour guide :)

Reviewed yesterday

from $1,961.30
from $1,499.80
from $57.70
1,787 results
All reviews boat trip our tour guide explore the island dark tour cork harbour naval base night tour steeped in history interesting trip coffee shop three hours excellent tour great trip great afternoon lovely cafe interesting place his knowledge
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

A very interesting trip with lots to see and do! Karl was a great tour guide and we had great fun, even though it was raining for the majority

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Karl was super funny and friendly throughout the whole tour :) i learned loads and had a great time despite the rain

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Very informative and enjoyable tour. I would recommend it to everyone nice cafe there also. We went and had soup which was lovely on a cold day like today ☂️

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Great day was had by all. Thoroughly enjoyed it and our tour guide Karl was excellent. Very interesting with plenty to see there.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

When we booked the tickets, we wondered how you could spend more than an hour on a small island. However, by the time we were boarding the little boat back to Cobh, we were already planning our next trip.

You start with a great guided tour (thanks Noel!) and then have about enough time to check out all the aspects of the island.

We didn’t use the audioguide but will next time.

Believe the hype!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We went to Ireland as a family vacation. We visited Spike Island, honestly at first I wasn't sure I was going to love it. 3 hours to walk around this place? Well by the end I realized I could've used more time. I'd you go I hope you get the tour guide we had. His name was Karl and he was fantastic. He really got totally into telling stories, his energy, excitement and passion was just remarkable. I loved listening to him tell us stories. Hey your video camera ready for when he tells the story of the prison break, it's fantastic!

1  Thank Josh K
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Very interesting. As a prison for much of its life, some fairly heavy topics are covered. Rob, our tour guide, was great. He was able to give us a laugh when we needed an upper. After the guided tour (which you can choose to opt out of, to do your own exploring) you have time to yourself.

Beware: I thought I was visiting the prison of my convict ancestors, but no, they were all before the 1840s when the prison began operating.
Also, I would not recommend the tour for young children. 3 1/2 hours was just too long for the kids in our group.
I've never been on a tour before where people were smoking and vaping (really rude) and I would have appreciated these people to have been told not to do it when accompanying the tour group.

1  Thank Heather P
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

A most worthwhile and fascinating trip with an excellent guide. If you believe in ghosts you will find them here!

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We were visiting Ireland and a friend recommended Spike Island to us. We were glad she did! Our tour guide Karl was enthusiastic and held our attention the whole time with all his interesting stories! This is not advertised enough and I would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

I am so glad this wonderful experience has opened to the public! My in laws came down to visit and we all decided to book a tour here. We went on a wet and windy day which added to the ambience! Our tour guide, John Flynn, was extremely knowledgable and his passion really shone through. My partner and I are archaeologists so took a particular interest in the work that is still continuing on the island. The tour was excellently delivered with a wide range of history and stories covered. You got a real idea of the long, often dark, history of the place and the people who resided there. We will be back next year, I’d love to do an after dark tour next time!