Acorn Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
Acorn Lodge
Ranked #24 of 59 Cork B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I cannot praise Betty enough!
Absolutely spotless accommodation and a real home from home. Betty runs a proper B&B and as noted by other reviewers the breakfasts are amazing.

Betty is not only a fount of knowledge on Cork but was good enough to organise cabs for us and even told the cab drivers what she expected her guests to pay!!
We are working in Cork for a few months and our guys are queueing up to get into Betty's!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PowerhouseLondon

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Beautiful, comfortable, and immaculate accommodations. Betty is a sweetheart and a fabulous host. The Acorn Lodge was the first B & B we had ever stayed in and Betty set some pretty high standards for the rest to follow. Excellent food (you've got to try the "full Irish breakfast"…trust me, you won't need to spend money on lunch as you won't be hungry until supper) and Betty is very helpful with information about the area. We will definitely be repeat customers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our hostess Betty was so gracious and helpful, every ready to aid us with directions to places we wanted to go. Her home is beautifully furnished... every bit as nice and comfortable as a five-star hotel! We were traveling with another couple and we each had a large sleeping room with private bath. Betty is waiting... book with her now!!

Room Tip: Acorn Lodge B&B is in a quiet neighborhood, and for those who enjoy walking you can be to a shop...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dee F
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at the Acorn (Oval) Lodge BnB on Rochestown Road about 15 minutes out of Cork City for several nights and can recommend it wholeheartedly. The building was exceptional, the room and en suite spacious and comfortable and the included breakfasts were first rate. Betty was always there with answers to my questions and advice for seeing the sights. And the rate was very good. No question that I will stay here again if I travel to the area. FYI, I used convenient bus tours out of downtown Cork to tour the Dingle peninsula and reached both Cobh and Kinsale easily by road in about 30 minutes from Acorn Lodge.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Betty's many years ago with my parents and decided to revisit with my boyfriend now I'm all grown up! :) I was so happy to see that Betty's standard was as as good if not better than it always was! The house is immaculate and beautifully presented, our room was clean, warm and cozy! Our bed amazingly comfortable and the breakfasts outstanding! Betty is a joy to deal with and I would recommend her BnB to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Being using Bettys B&B on and off last year when working in Cork.Cant fault the place,really warm and comfortable rooms.The house is immaculate.The breakfast is massive.You wont find a better B&B nearer,beieive me i`ve tried. 10 out of 10

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was our first time staying at a B&B and it was great! The location is perfect for exploring Cork, close to bus services and easy to reach by taxi. Our room was very pretty and always clean and welcoming. And the breakfast was AMAZING - we had a hard time eating lunch every day because we stuffed ourselves silly every morning.

Betty did a great job of making us feel comfortable and helping us decide what to do each day on our vacation. We're staying here again if we come back to Cork! HIGHLY recommended! :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple