“Chicken creole”

Neighborhood: Douglas
Cork - Ireland
“Chicken creole”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Have been going for a munch here for many years. Chicken creole is a must have. There chips are fine, not the best out there, but the garlic mayonnaise with them are unreal. I highly recommend a visit, a real cork tradition.

Visited May 2013

Singapore
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Having grown up in Cork and back for a visit after 5 years I could not wait to go to KC for Chips and Curry. Having queued up in a very long line I was excited at the prospect of my chips and curry. I was disappointed after that long wait. Small portions and not that chipper taste that I had remembered. But judging by the long line of people that queue here every day I must be the minority

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Nsingapore
Cork, Ireland
“This is 100 times better than Lennox's ... Seriously!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I ate here for the first time in the last two weeks. I would often see people queuing outside and I just couldn't understand it. That is until I tried the food. Absolutely beautiful!! I returned within the week. Where were you all my life!?!?!

The menu is extensive with items you wouldn't find on the Lennox menu in a million years. Items like Philly Cheese-steak is one example.

If KC's handed out samples of their food outside Lennox's they would close them overnight. I hope they don't though cos the queue would get longer in KC's and that's not good!

I love this place!

Visited June 2013
Rochester, United Kingdom
“The best take-away meal to be had in Ireland.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been a customer here for years and I always come back. An interesting menu with some great flavour combinations. Great value for money. Fantastic sides and additional options and a rotating guest pita to keep you on your toes with new taste experiences. The que is always worth it, in fact, the que has become part of the ritual. Amazing food. You must try if you are in Cork. First timers should order off the pita menu. Yum.

• Visited August 2012
Cork, Ireland
“The only place where i would pay to queue ..”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

The build up to kcs is part of the experience , should I wait or not.. Never once have I heard anybody complain about the wait ( up to a half hour at times ).. Well worth the wait ..it's fast food , but with a good dash of humor and a tried and tested formula of giving the people what they want and need ..

Being able to give your customers all the above says a lot .. Perfection is a step away

• Visited June 2013