“Amazing food at an amazing price!!”
Review of K.C's

K.C's
Ranked #99 of 667 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Douglas
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

A hidden gem in Douglas village. GREAT variety of food on menu and you cant beat the price. Once we saw the line of people waiting for the doors to open we knew we were about to experience something great.
I wish there was a place nearby to sit and eat, we had to walk back to the hotel before we could dig in.

1  Thank Jessica T

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I know KCs is an institution in Cork but I don;t get it. I've tried a few things from there including the infamous King Creole and whilst its okay, its not the deep fried elixir people talk about. Maybe i'm missing something or maybe its my aversion to standing in queues but it just misses the mark for me

1  Thank kieranbehan
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Simply the best in Cork.

Plenty of choice, quick service and cool staff.

Just look at the queue and you'll quickly understand.

Would defo recommend.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

KC's queue is a thing of legend at this point, and there's really a good reason to queue here instead of nearby McDonald's.
You can actually taste the difference in quality - they have their own burger buns baked specifically for them, and you can see and taste that they take equal care with the rest of their food.
They're very creative as well - the lime-infused mayonnaise you get with some of their fish pitas is genius.
Beware if you expect McDo-style fries, by the way. What you get here are chips, not fries - i.e. they're in the old "chipper" style, still a bit soft (and drenched in whatever sauce you chose ;-) )

Of course, what you get is still fast food, but as fast food goes, it's really very good.

1  Thank anfromme
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Ive lived in Cork all my life but only visited the 1st time 4 wks ago and have been 3 times since,,The 1st time i was missing my chips out of my order which i was a bit put out over and bit miffed when it wasnt even addressed or acknowledged when i mentioned it at the till,,but I think im addicted to their pittas I just unwrap everything to check when i get to the car !! Food is delish !!