“Nothing special”
Review of 14A Restaurant

14A Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 665 Restaurants in Cork
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I went here with a friend recently and we will not be returning. Granted it was New Years day but the place wasn't that busy.

Upon arrival, the waiter asked us how many for the table and after we said 2 he just disappeared for 5 minutes even though there were plenty tables around. After being seated, the menus didn't arrive straight away and we weren't offered water, we had to ask for it after ordering our dishes.

The food was average at best. I got a burger which was nice and my friend got the lasagne. If I had the energy I could do a lot better at my own kitchen at home. The price was very reasonable though. I was here a few years ago and I got a rustic potato salad which I must say was gorgeous.

In total about 4 different waiters took our orders, brought out our food, etc. which was just confusing. They also didn't seem that interested in making sure we had a good meal. So I definitely won't be returning to this place anyway.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Had lunch with some friends. The restaurant was completely jammed, but the service was still fantastic. Seated quickly and attended to well. The waiter was friendly and knew his menu.
Most of the food was excellent. The Lamb Burger was nicely spiced and juicy.
Only complaint - the garlic bread was sun-dried tomato and the combination of flavored doesn't work.
Overall a nice spot with good food.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Definately worth a visit. The early bird is smashing, and the wine menu is great. Had no complaints. Go book it now!

2  Thank LanzaF
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Sampled the breakfast here on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. The great asset of this establishment is its staff, who we felt a little sorry for on our second visit as they were absolutely rushed off their feet! 14A is obviously a popular breakfast hang out and, for its ambience and service, deservedly so. Would highly recommend the lovely organic porridge, which comes in a generous sized portion, and the home made white bread. We were less impressed with the scrambled eggs which we found a little dry. However the very tasty and lean bacon and sausage more than made up for this. It was good enough for a second visit so that's a pretty good endorsement I suppose!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Went for a Christmas meal with a group of friends. The price was reasonable but you definitely get what you pay for, nothing special about the food, could have cooked it myself!

1  Thank sarahjk23