“Great value for money & great wine menu!”
Review of 14A Restaurant

14A Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 675 Restaurants in Cork
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Definately worth a visit. The early bird is smashing, and the wine menu is great. Had no complaints. Go book it now!

2  Thank LanzaF

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Sampled the breakfast here on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. The great asset of this establishment is its staff, who we felt a little sorry for on our second visit as they were absolutely rushed off their feet! 14A is obviously a popular breakfast hang out and, for its ambience and service, deservedly so. Would highly recommend the lovely organic porridge, which comes in a generous sized portion, and the home made white bread. We were less impressed with the scrambled eggs which we found a little dry. However the very tasty and lean bacon and sausage more than made up for this. It was good enough for a second visit so that's a pretty good endorsement I suppose!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Went for a Christmas meal with a group of friends. The price was reasonable but you definitely get what you pay for, nothing special about the food, could have cooked it myself!

1  Thank sarahjk23
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This restaurant is absolutely stunning. I had the fish cakes they were divine. The manager was so helpful and nice as were all the other waiting staff were very friendly. Bill of €44.50 for two people, two courses each (one steak) and a glass of wine each.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was our second night in Cork and we wanted a nice sit down restaurant. We walked up and down streets and stumbled across 14A. It's helpful that a lot of restaurants and pubs list their menus outside and once we saw their 3 course deal with all the options we decided to go inside. It's a quaint restaurant with very nice service. We sat in the corner near the window looking outside. I choose the chicken wings, white fish with potatoes and fruit crumble for my meal. My brother chose the bruschetta, steak and apple pie for his, and my husband chose the bread plate with dipping sauces, fish and chips and bread pudding (I think) for his meal. For the price, portion sizes were perfect and all was very delicious. The fish i got was probably one of my favorite meals I had on our whole UK trip (14 days throughout Ireland, Scotland and England). The mashed potatoes were so creamy and melted in my mouth with each bite. I was stuffed like the typical American I am. Again, the service was great and I want to thank our server (forgot her name, but she lived in California for a while before moving back to Ireland) for her kindness and hospitality.