“Slightly disappointing”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Centre
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We went to Fellini's for an afternoon pit stop, we were drawn by the sign out side declaring it is the oldest tearoom in Cork. We had tea & coffee with a couple of slices of cake. the tea & coffee were good, but the cake slightly disappointing. Out waiter did not know what was in the chocolate cake, but I ordered it nonetheless. It turned out that it was a warm chocolate cake cake atop an almond base, sandwiched with a layer of raspberry jam, it was fine, but far from the best chocolate cake I've ever had, and it was presented very sloppily on the plate. hate carrot cake was beautifully moist, but vey heavily spiced - a little reminiscent of Christmas cake. This too, looked very sloppy onht plate. Out sever was very pleasant, but it was a slightly disappointing experience

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Hot panini, soup and tea/coffee for 10euros, really good value and good ingredients used, nice atmosphere
The granola is a really nice snack, but I always get the honey and things in separate little dishes!
They don't take cards which can be a hassle!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had a good value fellini special, which consisted of a cup of soup, panini and an americano for ten euro. Soup was homemade and very tasty. Veg panini was disappointing some one of the veg tasted strongly alcoholy as like fruit sometimes tastes when its going/gone off but perhaps it was meant to taste like that? however it overpowered the whole sandwich. The americano was nice, the only criticism Id have is that it came unrequested while I was still having soup and so was gone kind of cold by the time I was ready for it. I ordered a caramel pavalova ( sure why not... a girl has to look after herself !!)
The pavalova was very poor, the base tasted chalky and was very bland.
I had planned on doing some work here for an hour or so over a leisurely lunch but am too cold here , the kinda cold like its coming off the walls so I dont think I have found a comfy relaxing type tearoom as I had been expecting. Music was bery nice though

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was here last week after saying for ages i must try it.I tired the spicy sweet potato soup which was divine. Lovely jazz playing in the background nice and different I would definitly recommend if your sick of franchise style coffee shops oh and the coffee is good...

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Freshly baked cakes and treats, tea, coffee, light bites and a few different types of proper hot chocolates (no powder!), with very friendly service and a quirky, unique atmosphere.