“Comfortable restaurant”

Watermarq
Ranked #498 of 656 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: European, Diner, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: This is a well establish fine dining restaurant in Cork, ideal for any occassion, whether its breakfast lunch or diner. Its perfect for corporates as well as intimate dining. There are many dinig options available such as an extensive a la carte menu available, great value fixed price options, carvey lunch, young diners options too.
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We ate here as part of the hotel package which included supper. The restaurant was virtualy empty and the service was good. We all had different dishes and concurred that it was all excellent. As we didn't pay I can't comment on the price.

There are newer reviews for Watermarq

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I ate here as part of the hotel package. The package included a three course meal. I had goats cheese parfait for starters which was delicious. The main was a duo of pork - not the nicest pork belly i've had but still good. Dessert was a panacotta with balsamic roasted strawberrys - yum!
The midweek deals seemed to be good value. The view from the restaurant is nice and the staff were friendly and efficient.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

The service was excellent and the food good, but it was very pricey.

Reviewed May 4, 2010

I stayed in the silver springs last weekend as a treat and ate in the restaurant. it was really good and was delighted to see that this hotel got it right. My experience of hotel restaurants has been poor but this was very nice and the food was great. I had the sirloin steak and it was so juicy with no fat running through it.....thats my pet peeve!
Wine was gorgeous and service really good. We were served by Vincent (think that was his name) and he was great, he was a good character and i always have at least 50 requests when im in a restaurant and nothing phased him!
If you are in cork and want to dine, go here!

1  Thank giddygoatMeath
Reviewed March 5, 2010

My family celebrated a birthday party at the Watermarq. The service was simply awful. The staff made us feel that we were not welcome. Three members of staff stood at the bottom of the stairs and glared at the table of 15 people,arms crossed checking watches at 10.30 pm following a 9pm sitting. We wrote to the management and they didn't even reply. Please go elsewhere!!!!!!

Salljack, General Manager at Watermarq, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2010

Dear Trip advisor member,

It is with regret that i have read your review on Trip Advisor that you did not enjoy your meal in the Watermarq restaurant recently.Unfortunately,while it said in your review that you corresponded with the hotel to record your disappointment,I regretfully did not recieve any correspondence.I would appreciate if you would contact me directly at 021-4507533 or alternatively on email edaly@moranhotels.com to discuss this further.I would like to assure you that your review is being treated with the seriousness and sincerity it merits and I would welcome an oppurtunity to speak to you directly regarding same.My sincerest apologies,

Kindest Regards,