“An average experience”

Neighborhood: Centre
Galway
“An average experience”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Went at the start of Jan for dinner to celebrate my mothers' birthday . Service was good and the waitress as well as hostess were good. I was disappointed however by the menu as I had been almost a year previous and very little had changed . In fact any changes in the menu had weakened rather than enhanced the menu . The food was cooked well and presentation was good but I just felt I could have cooked as well myself . Also found the restuarant on the chilly side . In conclusion , would not be in a rush back

• Visited January 2013

“Very disappointing”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My starter was a warm feta salad with beetroot and pesto - there was no beetroot in the salad. My daughter ordered a burger, it was so hard it tasted like it had been cooked earlier and reheated. There was no mango chutney with my chicken curry and the poppadum literally had a pool of grease on it which dripped off when you held it up. Inedible. The 2 stars are for a good starter of calamari and chicken wings. My husbands chicken ceasar salad came without chicken, the waiter brought him a separate plate of chicken strips. Would never go back.

• Visited January 2013
Cork, Ireland
“Top notch'.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This restaraunt is absolutely fantastic! All service, design and food were 5*! Me and my accompiant had Beef, Steak and two desserts which were 'divine'. I would highly reccomend this restaraunt!

• Visited July 2012
“Appalling”
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Went to The Boardwalk 2 nights before Christmas with our 2 sister in laws . We were handed a set menu for 39.95. None of us wanted 3 courses but we ordered from a limited menu including 4 different type of steaks . We waded through all courses which was very poor food . A couple next to us ate different food to our menu . When we asked why they got a la carte we were told we never asked for it . We eat out a lot in cork but will never be in that restaurant again even if it survives it's treatment of regulars which I doubt .

1 Thank Claire L
Limerick, Ireland
“PUT ON YOUR HEATING”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Had a birthday lunch with a crowd of friends on December 8th at around 2 o'clock. Food was nice and staff were very friendly, but despite asking several times for the heating to be put on, we froze for the entire duration of our stay - what a pity coz it's a lovely restaurant

• Visited December 2012