“Too packed”

Ranked #150 of 665 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Pizza, Pub, Soups
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Centre
Description: Who said size doesn’t matter?? Size and Quality DO matter and our giant 16 foot by 6 foot HQ screen is the centre of our sports arena experience. With 3 million pixels, you are right at the heart of the action, supporting your favourite teams across Live soccer, GAA and Rugby. Reardens offers you the opportunity to experience a thrilling atmosphere, with table service reserved seating and home crowd advantage like no other Bar in Cork! Not only will you see the best sporting action, but we also have live music 7 nights a week and best DJs in the city! As the afternoon heats up, you can also enjoy the opportunity to build your own pizza from the Irish Artisan company, Volcano Pizza, or choose from a selection of food with our delicious sharing boards including Nachos, Spare Ribs and Wings at Reardens Bar & and The Birdie Bar!
Reviewed June 13, 2012

They really herd way too many people in. You need to be highly intoxicated to ignore it. Drinks constantly being spilled over your head and down your bag. People rude and pushy on several occasions. Staff are also rude and arragont. The girls behind the bar ignore girls on the other side of the counter so you have to wait for a male bar staff or send your boyfriend to the bar. Just a messy occasion really! Bouncers are typcial Cork bouncers also. I never personally have a problem but they just refuse guys for no good reason other than how they look.

7  Thank bluegarnetfrog

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I don't know if was the place, or simply the Irish people, but I Had great fun! A sall selection of beers (Irish and not) and good music. Apart fro the dj who couldn't mix 2 songs together!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Some pedestrian recommended this place to me (they must have hated me) Wasn't quite sure if it was a bar or nightclub. It seemed like a confused mix between the two. Tried to go upstairs, but had to pay extra. If downstairs was this bad.....

Drinks were expensive. No drinks offers which I though was strange considering how busy it always seems to be. That's kind of greedy if you ask me.
Staff just threw the drinks at us. Busy I guess, but still.

Very small smoking area.

5  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Decided to pop in for lunch a few weeks back..

The place has a kind of old worldy feel to it, but I must say the food was good, a little pricey but decent honest grub.

Went back later that evening to see the bar transformed into a disco bar/club feel. It was very busy with a 20 somthing /30ies crowd. Upstairs there are two further clubs, so it kinda caters for everyone.

I did enjoy it, the drinks were on the expensive side, but the staff (including the door staff) were very accommodating. We ended up having a great night, rolled out somewhere close to 2.30am...

If I could find fault, that would be the smoking areas, there are smaller than small, uncomfortable, hot, and obviously smoky. I dont know how they expect people to smoke in them, I guess they are hoping that people will give up!!

1  Thank Bryan O
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good bar for drinks and tribute bands. We lined up baby guinness shots whilst seated by the bar. Good fun!