“Great spot”

Cuisines: Pizza, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sunday's Well
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Living in Dublin, I love going down to Cork. And the Franciscan Well is definitely one of my favourite spot ! Great beer, nice and friendly staff, lovely beer garden... The last time I was there, the homebrew national championship was on ! How lucky !

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I went there for a few pints with friends. Great place. A lot of choices in beers and the pizza's are great to! You guys would see me often!

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

A fantastic pub if there ever was one. Great local beer and a great atmosphere in the pub. The Shandon Stout in particular was by far my favourite. I would definitely say if you can take some time and stop in for a pint! !!!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Attended a private function here last weekend. When we arrived we ask a female member of staff where might the party be. She was so unpleasant. She barked "What party and whats the name". We told her the details, and she returned with "Upstairs" ... with raised eyebrows! We were later at the bar ordering our drinks from the same girl. The wine is €5.40 a glass, and I asked for ice in mine, she still filled it up to the line. I questioned her about it, as she should have filled it up first, then put the ice in (Given the price of it) Her attitude was so embarrassing that I just said to let it off. I was mortified with the carry on.

Later in the smoking area, she approached me, in front of my friends, and started going on again about me having an issue about the wine. The way she was even standing at me was unnerving. My friends couldn't believe the way she was speaking to me. This female member of staff, had a grey fleece jacket on, with a high neck collar. She's a disgrace, and should be embarrassed.

I have never be subjected to such a level of confrontation on a night out. Shame on her. After all that I have nothing positive to say about this venue.

2  Thank LanzaF
Reviewed March 20, 2014

A pub that brews their own beers (actually quite good ones), and has a nice selection of foreign beers.
They also make their own pizzas for hungry fellows.

Very nice atmosphere, quiet, and usually no music, what allows conversations without needless shouting, and avoids dancing for those (like me) who doesn't like to dance!! :)

Nice pub that I visit quite often.