“Business trip” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Business trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I stated here the night before valentines day on a last minute booking. I found the hotel staff and atmosphere very good. I did feel it was overpriced for a Midweek stay. I would t stay there again due to the room only prices, I.e bed+breakfast+evening bar meal+2 drinks were 180euro

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Edel C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Polish first
Portadown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We recently spent three lovely nights in a Business class room in this great hotel. The room was very well appointed, mini bar, Nespresso machine, fab bed and enough glass and light to make it feel like a penthouse! Breakfast was fantastic- an amazing amount of choice to include full irish breakfast and a whole host of other options as well. If you couldn't find something to tickle your palate here then go see a doctor!
After exploring all Cork city and surrounding area had to offer we were always glad to return each evening to enjoy an excellent glass of Guinness before dinner. Although tempted by restaurants we saw while out, we ate in the hotel each evening as the choice, quality, value and fantastic staff were unbeatable. I should also mention the Spa where I had a very relaxing massage and the great swimming pool as well. Great staff who couldn't do enough to help. If you need somewhere to stay while visiting this lovely city, book the Radisson Blu!

Room Tip: Check out the a la carte breakfast options too, these are freshly made to order-porridge, omelettes...
1 Thank caramello31
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our Super Buffet Breakfast in the Island Grill.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed here on Valentines Day, have to say the reception staff on check in were lovely and super efficient. The room was spacious & clean. Complementary late checkout was just such a delight. Bed is so comfortable, makes you want to stay in it for as long as possible, but that was impossible as the accommodation staff banged doors in the corridor so loud and often that it would wake anybody up,so if you are planing on a lie in it's not going to happen, I understand they need to do their job but they could hold the doors while closing & opening them avoiding such loud banging, also was disappointing on checkout that we weren't even asked about our stay, was everything ok or not. Also found that ladies changing rooms could be cleaned of hair more often as the floor was covered in hair. Aside from that was a lovely stay, more suitable for corp stayers though who don't sleep in. Breakfast was excellent!

Room Tip: Definitely get Breakfast!
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to hear that you were awoken early by the banging of bedroom doors, and that you found the ladies changing rooms were not cleaned to the hightest standards. We do strive to achieve the highest standards at the Retreat Spa and Fitness Centre and I have passed your comments to the relevant Manager.

I am glad that you found your stay comfortable and you found our staff to be efficient.

I hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, in the future.

Magherafelt, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were tavelling to cork during the weekend the popular jazz festivale was on and found ourselves staying in this hotel which is about a 10 mins drive for cork city centre. The hotel is little island which is a business area so this hotel is not fo you if you want to be in the middle of the hussle of a city centre. We did find is very easy to get to and as we travelled to cork from portadown by train we were dependant on public transport. The hotel is a 5 min walk to little island train station which is 5 mins into kent station, the main train station in cork. The hotel is huge and seemed to be fully booked while we were there. We arrived prior to check in to drop of our luggage and the receptionist had no problem finding us rooms so we could check in early, The rooms we had seemed to be in the new wing of the hotel. They were large with king sized beds and wel equipped bathrooms. There was a large wedding party in the hotel during our stay but we had no problems with noise and had a good nights sleep. We had breakfast which was a buffet style but this had a large dedicated area and while breakfast time was very busy we had no problems getting a tabel and enjoying our food. We used the leisure centre while we there. The pool had fantastic hydro therapy areas as well as good sized sauna and steam room which we enjoyed using.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Edel C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us and you found thestaff friendly and helpful. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast in our Island Grillroom Restaurant, there is indeed a wide selection available with 63 items.

Once again many thanks for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork again in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed last weekend in this hotel. My overall experience of the hotel was excellent, one of my most enjoyable hotel experiences. The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. The rooms were lovely and very well kitted out. The hotel facilities, grounds and location led to a most relaxing and enjoyable weekend. I can’t say enough!

2 Thank Dillon79
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us and you found the hotel well decorated and staff friendly and helpful.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Booked this hotel for a mid-week stay on business. Overall found the hotel to be a decent enough place to stay and I knew it's location was 10mins drive out of the centre. The welcome from the staff was very good. The staff were very good when I asked to be moved from the original twin room to a room with a double bed. The room itself was a decent size and was reasonably clean but some more attention wouldnt go amiss. I did eat in the bar and whilst the food was good it did take a little while to come out, and I was in a rush to eat and get to bed. Breakfast was also very good and considering it was included in the price they had a great selection. Overall a good stay and great value for money and will be on the list next time I head to Cork and dont need to be too central.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mr_TravelChap
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Maldon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Reception staff great, cleanliness etc I cant say anything was worth reporting as a problem therefore I am not going to dwell. The only thing I would like to highlight is that some of the rooms have wet rooms rather than a bath. Therefore if you want to have a 'soak' please let them know when you book

Room Tip: If you want a bath let them know as they have fab wet rooms too
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do indeed have some rooms in the hotel which have a walk in shower. These rooms are accessible rooms specifically designed for disabled guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa in the future.