“Excellent - I can't say enough”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent - I can't say enough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed last weekend in this hotel. My overall experience of the hotel was excellent, one of my most enjoyable hotel experiences. The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. The rooms were lovely and very well kitted out. The hotel facilities, grounds and location led to a most relaxing and enjoyable weekend. I can’t say enough!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dillon79
Edel C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us and you found the hotel well decorated and staff friendly and helpful.

Once again many thanks for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork again in the near future.

Edel Caulfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Polish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Booked this hotel for a mid-week stay on business. Overall found the hotel to be a decent enough place to stay and I knew it's location was 10mins drive out of the centre. The welcome from the staff was very good. The staff were very good when I asked to be moved from the original twin room to a room with a double bed. The room itself was a decent size and was reasonably clean but some more attention wouldnt go amiss. I did eat in the bar and whilst the food was good it did take a little while to come out, and I was in a rush to eat and get to bed. Breakfast was also very good and considering it was included in the price they had a great selection. Overall a good stay and great value for money and will be on the list next time I head to Cork and dont need to be too central.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mr_TravelChap
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Maldon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Reception staff great, cleanliness etc I cant say anything was worth reporting as a problem therefore I am not going to dwell. The only thing I would like to highlight is that some of the rooms have wet rooms rather than a bath. Therefore if you want to have a 'soak' please let them know when you book

Room Tip: If you want a bath let them know as they have fab wet rooms too
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do indeed have some rooms in the hotel which have a walk in shower. These rooms are accessible rooms specifically designed for disabled guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa in the future.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Recently attended a Ladies Only Ball at the Radisson Blu hotel. Over 400 ladies present and the hotel gave a fantastic meal for such a large crowd, even our veggie friends were impressed!! Well done. The staff were amazing and couldn't have been more helpful. Our particular waiter who brought drinks to the table all evening was a ray of sunshine. Pity I didn't take her name. Well done to the Radisson Blu - hope there will be a next year and the same venue.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed with my wife a two kids, we had adjoining rooms. The rate was reasonably good considering what we got. I was impressed by the hotel all round. Staff were helpful, hotel itself was beautiful, nice swimming area and breakfast was great.

Must be one of the closest hotels to Fota Wildlife Park other than the pricey Fota Island Resort itself.

There is a convienance store, KFC two minutes drive away. The hotel is very close to the motorway too.

I can only think of minor points on the negative side, it was hard to get parking in and around the hotel but it was New Years Eve and there was a wedding on. Although the location suited me for a trip to Fota Wildlife Park Some visitors might not like the idea of a hotel out of town and near a motorway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank PaulanerDublin
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

stayed here a few times and it is a great location for the business traveller
Staff great, food in bar relaxed yet good quality
would highly recommend.
breakfast was superb, staff helpful and good choices

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed in this hotel as we were attending a wedding there. We had a very nice room but I was appalled when I looked out the window and discovered that we were on the edge of an Office Park/Industrial Estate. The original house is beautiful but the recent addition is functional and really not very nice. We stayed for 2 nights and on the first night we ate in the bar. The surroundings were horrible and I had to send back a glass of wine which I had ordered as it was poisonous, Otherwise the wedding was very enjoyable, food was good and the staff were very friendly. I don't think I would stay there again as the surroundings (which I am sure were once beautiful) had been ruined by indiscriminate building.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple